Episode 33 - The Orangery - Tea anyone?

(1000 Posts)
mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 08:58:19

The tearoom has traveled back to the Orangery for another visit. There are bluebells in the nearby woods, and Mellors has Earl Grey and Lady Grey ready for some excursions. Mellors has, indeed, been overwintering away from Canada for some reason - I think he's been helping Maud out in the garden. There are tulips out in urns outside, and there are a few tables out in the sunny courtyard for use between showers.

Whether you have one child or several, pull up a chair and share a brew or a wine. The only rules remains no fisticuffs.

mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 09:01:40

<lays out lemon cake and tea or hot chocolate>

Typical wonderful weather now we're back to work. Did manage to get the lawn cut at the weekend though!

Scout19075 Tue 08-May-12 09:45:46

envy at MT's sun. We're still grey/overcast here in the East. I'm soooo craving sun. Proper sun, not these odd peaks we have every now and again. Just one day so Toddler and I can go outside and just run around all day.

mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 09:47:35

Got a bit of cloud too - but its warmer than it was yesterday too - I got really cold out in the afternoon and had to zip up coat and hide hands in sleeves.

UniS Tue 08-May-12 10:27:26

yes please to brew hot choc and cake. I've just pulled a batch of choc muffins out of the aga, so get one while they are warm. Dairy free, and GF if you need them to be.

Mellors was indeed barred from entering Canada after an unfortunate incident with the Canadian Ladies Lacrosse team and a quantity of massage oil. But he's back. and looking good in the garden. Double digging the veg bed for us. With his shirt sleeves rolled up.

mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 10:29:29

Despite the shirt sleeves UniS, he's still looking quite warm isn't he?

UniS Tue 08-May-12 10:37:15

erm, yes, he is. Stopping occasionally and wiping his brow.... I wonder if....

mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 10:39:45

grin

Would you like a brew to accompany your muffin whilst we lounge on the sofa and enjoy the view?

UniS Tue 08-May-12 11:04:35

oh, the shirt is off, what aa fine veiw. I think I'll stop here just a little longer before I go and inspect the garden myself.

Scout19075 Tue 08-May-12 16:48:14

Oh yay! BSA East Anglia will take Toddler when he's no longer Toddler but Small Boy. YAY!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Tue 08-May-12 17:32:18

::Walks into doorframe as momentarily distracted by the view::

Well, isn't it lovely here?

That's Boy Scouts of America, I assume, Scout? Wa-hoo!

Scout19075 Tue 08-May-12 17:55:18

Yes it is, Maud. grin

Had a nice email back from them when I asked. Seems we're able to join even though not connected to the base (even though they meet on base). Very excited, though Toddler has a few years until he's a SmallBoyScout.

Jacksmania Tue 08-May-12 19:36:54

<JM wanders into same doorframe as Maud, for similar reasons>

<is momentarily arrested by the view> grin

Errmmm... yes, you were saying?

Lemon cake and tea? Why, thank you.

Jacksmania Tue 08-May-12 19:37:07

Congratulations Scout, that's lovely!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Tue 08-May-12 21:51:31

::joins UniS and Jacksmania in admiring the scenery::

Fancy Mellors yes we do still gardening shirtless after dark, illuminated by the solar fairy lights.

mistlethrush Tue 08-May-12 22:17:01

Asparagus anyone? Mellors appears to have harvested some for us.

I'm glad that the view appears popular - it is nice seeing the main house in the distance the other side of the walled garden...

MC is looking forward to cubs next year at school - not quite sure how it works though.

Jacksmania Tue 08-May-12 23:56:46

I don't think we're admiring the house part of the view grin

mistlethrush Wed 09-May-12 09:17:51

Its a good excuse though JM! How's it going with you?

<Discovers some merangue and caramel icecream in the freezer> Any one for strawberries and icecream as a particularly indulgent breakfast/brunch?

beanandspud Wed 09-May-12 10:38:42

Phew, I found you all grin. This is lovely MT.

Mmmmm, strawberries and icecream for breakfast sounds wonderful, thank you!

Finally the sun is shining here, the washing is outside rather than all over the house and I'm wondering whether I can manage an hour of gardening at lunchtime.

Scout19075 Wed 09-May-12 20:38:44

Very envy of everyone's sun!

UniS Wed 09-May-12 20:46:08

Sun... I remember sun...

mistlethrush Wed 09-May-12 20:47:02

Scout, don't worry, its raining again here now!

I have just arranged for someone to come and cut the lawns for me - so that I can concentrate on trying to keep on top of the weeding etc. Should help out a lot. I seem to be growing mainly forgetmenots in the vegetable garden hmm I think Mellors needs to come and help out a bit!

wine ?

Scout19075 Wed 09-May-12 20:47:41

I don't remember what the sun looks like, let alone feels like!

beanandspud Wed 09-May-12 21:11:47

Spoke too soon - it is now tipping it down so wine sounds like a good plan.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 09-May-12 21:40:13

We had a couple of hours of sun yesterday, but today we haven't even had proper daylight. I am getting thoroughly depressed by the incessant rain.

This thread is not accepting new messages.