This topic is for surveys for Mumsnet HQ and their clients. If you'd like to commission a survey of MN members email insight@mumsnet.com. Non MN surveys will be deleted.

Complete this MNHQ & GNHQ survey about feeling invisible for a chance to win a £100 voucher! *Thread title edited by MNHQ*

(44 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RebeccaEMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Oct-16 16:02:06

Post edited by MNHQ

We at MNHQ and GNHQ would like to know your opinions about the concept of feeling invisible as you get older.

This survey is open to all Mumsnet users in the UK.

All who complete this survey will be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter or Gransnetter will win a £100 John Lewis voucher.

Here's a link to the survey.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.

MNHQ

Gruach Thu 27-Oct-16 19:26:25

Hah! Quite honestly I have never felt less invisible in my life ...

Maquiladora Thu 27-Oct-16 19:47:08

Jesus, MNHQ, you really have to stop this ageism crap! its getting like the Daily Mail on here!

What about 30 year olds, 40 year olds? Do they feel invisible?

Maquiladora Thu 27-Oct-16 19:50:03

On whose behalf are you conducting this survey?

I've had a quick look at it and you should be ashamed of its content.

AuntieStella Thu 27-Oct-16 19:52:30

"We've been asked to find out Mumsnetters' opinions on feeling invisible."

By whom, please?

And why is this an age issue? Is it based on something that actually shows that it tends to afflict different age groups differently? If so, can you state what that is, and whether the people who asked for this survey are seeking to confirm or refute?

BestIsWest Thu 27-Oct-16 20:16:13

Yes, I'd like to know what's behind this too.

YetAnotherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Oct-16 20:16:40

Hi everyone,
We're sorry to say that right now we can't answer this for you as the team that deals with surveys is more 9-5 than us, but we will forward them this thread right now and would hope that you would hear back asap.

Doilooklikeatourist Thu 27-Oct-16 20:51:35

Done

Maquiladora Thu 27-Oct-16 20:55:48

Why not just delete this thread, MNHQ, until you can tell us who is behind this, frankly, downright insulting survey.

And don't bother re-instating it.

Evariste Thu 27-Oct-16 21:01:55

I thought it was pretty patronising.

SandyDenny Thu 27-Oct-16 21:23:11

What a ridiculous set of questions, were they written by a 16 year old with no life experience?

I won't be answering either

FawnDrench Thu 27-Oct-16 22:26:57

Utterly dreadful "survey"
Totally biased.

Worst I've seen in a long while - did you even check the questions MNHQ?

elastamum Thu 27-Oct-16 22:42:20

What incredibly offensive agest crap. (you do know age discrimintion is now illegal) hmm

I am over 50 and I am not at all invisible

BackforGood Thu 27-Oct-16 22:59:08

You do have to wonder who has asked for this survey. Why would they start from the premise you become invisible as you get older ? confused

lougle Thu 27-Oct-16 23:18:37

I'm 37 and sometimes feel invisible. I'll save my answers for 13 years until they count, shall I? hmm

LineyReborn Thu 27-Oct-16 23:27:02

What a load of shite.

KittyAlPick Fri 28-Oct-16 02:55:37

Very badly designed survey.

lljkk Fri 28-Oct-16 03:32:57

I'm only 49 & I like becoming invisible. smile

Yakitori Fri 28-Oct-16 03:43:24

Who said that?

lljkk Fri 28-Oct-16 08:28:22

grin
- The Cheshire cat

mummytime Fri 28-Oct-16 08:59:02

Filled it in. It's total rubbish!

PurpleWithRed Fri 28-Oct-16 09:13:47

Agree with the above - what a load of tosh. What do you even mean by 'invisible' - where, when?

JaneMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Oct-16 09:27:07

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, and really sorry this has gone down like a lead balloon.

Firstly, it's us you're angry with - it's a MNHQ/GNHQ survey. We'll adapt the OP and survey now to make that clear.

The idea for the survey was sparked by some really interesting discussions over on Gransnet, about the notion of becoming invisible. The questions are based on the experiences that GNers shared, and the debates that followed.

We opened the survey up to the 50+ age category because it's a survey that originated from Gransnet, but we can easily open it to all posters, so we'll do so now.

Thanks again.

MNHQ and GNHQ

elastamum Fri 28-Oct-16 09:49:43

OFGS!

So not only are the over 50's invisible - but they are also grandparents <looks at teenagers, hopes not...>

Evariste Fri 28-Oct-16 10:02:10

Yes I noticed that unlike every other MN survey it didn't ask how old my children are. Funny how so many over 40s have babies and yet we are assumed to be grandparents if we are over 50.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now