Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

PlayStation Wonderbook: Book of Spells event and game review thread

(166 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 10-Nov-12 15:15:22

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended the PlayStation Wonderbook: Book of Spells event and are trying out the game with their families at home.

You can see more about Wonderbook: Book of Spells by clicking here and shortly there will be footage of you all playing the game on some special pages on Mumsnet - watch this space!

Please answer the following questions. You're welcome to add any other comments you may have too.

Q1 Did you and your family enjoy the event? What was the best bit?

Q2 Thinking about the Wonderbook: Book of Spells game - what do you like most about it? What did your children like most about it?

Q3 Once you've had a chance to play the game as a family at home, please can you tell us how you found it - have you played together as a family much?

Q4 Do you think Book of Spells would make a good Christmas present for children? If so, what age group do you think it appeals to most?

Q5 Has playing Wonderbook: Book of Spells changed your perception of PlayStation 3 at all? If so, how?

Q6 What were your/your family's thoughts on Wonderbook: Book of Spells? Please say whether you strongly agree, agree, are undecided, disagree or strongly disagree:
a. The game was easy to pick up and play
b. The gameplay experience wasn't intimidating
c. My child was reading the words that lifted off the page
d. My child picked up what to do very quickly
e. My child really enjoyed the experience
f. My child was surprised by the game play experience

Thanks and enjoy!
MNHQ

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyou Wed 05-Dec-12 21:02:53

Thank you. I'll bump you up the good list. smile

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Dec-12 15:08:53

Elf - I'll ask and get back to you...

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyou Tue 04-Dec-12 16:29:37

Just a question, DD says the controller isn't responding properly. I'll get DH to look on the weekend when he's home, but if it (or indeed any of the kit) is faulty, how do we go about replacing under warranty? Thanks.

Dontbesodramatic Fri 30-Nov-12 19:58:28

Q1 Did you and your family enjoy the event? What was the best bit?

A1 We had a great time. The playstation guys were great and DD was really pleased she got to take part.

Q2 Thinking about the Wonderbook: Book of Spells game - what do you like most about it? What did your children like most about it?

A2 I really like that it is unisex and non violent and can be played together as a family.DD likes that she can play by herself.

Q3 Once you've had a chance to play the game as a family at home, please can you tell us how you found it - have you played together as a family much?

We've played together a few times and really enjoyed it.

Q4 Do you think Book of Spells would make a good Christmas present for children? If so, what age group do you think it appeals to most?

If I bought this for DDit would e very well received. The fact that it is tied in with Harry Potter makes it very desirable.

Q5 Has playing Wonderbook: Book of Spells changed your perception of PlayStation 3 at all? If so, how?

I thought Playstation was all Fifa and formula One. Will stop and look at the games a bit closer now that we hhave a PS3.

Q6 What were your/your family's thoughts on Wonderbook: Book of Spells? Please say whether you strongly agree, agree, are undecided, disagree or strongly disagree:
a. The game was easy to pick up and play
Agree
b. The gameplay experience wasn't intimidating
Agree
c. My child was reading the words that lifted off the page
Agree
d. My child picked up what to do very quickly
Agree
e. My child really enjoyed the experience
Agree
f. My child was surprised by the game play experience
Agree

Hulababy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:40:05

So glad to read all these good reviews. My parents have bought it for DD for Christmas and I am sure she will love it.

hattifattner Wed 28-Nov-12 20:33:43

we also did not feature! Clearly my child is not cute enough (sob). Either that or my camera work needs attention....

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Fri 23-Nov-12 11:04:23

Good to see they could use some of the footage.
My son cast the traffic spell on the way in...
And my youngest is the blond boy in blue sweater trying to catch the fish flying around! grin

mumdad2kidsandadog Thu 22-Nov-12 21:18:17

DD is so happy that her artwork made the video. They are both in it quite a bit (the 2 at the tube station and playing the game). I even caught a glimpse of the back of my head.
smile

clux73 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:20:15

I was just thinking exactly the same Doogle!!

Doogle2 Thu 22-Nov-12 19:51:00

Man alive all that video stress and we didn't even feature! Hope I can delete the app and videos now as they are taking up lots of memory. envy

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyou Thu 22-Nov-12 17:41:35

http://www.mumsnet.com/microsites/book-of-spells

Found it!

Elfontheshelfiswatchingyou Thu 22-Nov-12 17:36:26

Ooh where?

gazzalw Thu 22-Nov-12 12:05:09

I see the video is on the site now - DD got 1 second of fame ;-)

clux73 Tue 20-Nov-12 07:25:37

Thanks Helen. So relieved it worked out ok in the end!

gazzalw Tue 20-Nov-12 07:09:40

Looking forward to our 15 minutes of fame ;-)! Also looking forward to working out who's who from those who attended!

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 19-Nov-12 22:41:05

Thanks for the update! smile

Magna Mon 19-Nov-12 22:40:04

Thank you Helen for updating thanks

gazzalw Mon 19-Nov-12 17:51:04

Yes, we are still working towards our patronuses (is that the plural) and I'm enjoying it as much as the kids!

ScorpionQueen Mon 19-Nov-12 17:46:27

I'm glad Playstation are happy, we all wanted it to go well (so we get to test more games). Can't wait to see the videos.
Thanks again. There is a PS3 drawing game on Black Friday on Amazon later I've got my eye on and Skylanders has featured on Santa's letter.
smile

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 15:28:20

Hi all - so sorry not to have acknowledged receipt of all your footage - as you know we've been really busy trying to get the video made so we can get it up on the site quickly. I should have got back to each of you to let you know we got your video - sorry for not doing so.

Thanks loads for all of your footage - it's all come across really well and PlayStation are really happy with it. A montage of clips is being put together as we speak and I'll post here again once it's up on site.

Thanks again for taking part - we hope you enjoyed it!

gazzalw Sat 17-Nov-12 14:59:37

It seemed that they were trying to wrap the whole thing up very quickly. I think they wanted all the video footage in by Monday evening didn't they? Presumably because most of us had a problem with the app initially it's put their scheduling behind a day or two. I guess if they are trying to work to a very quick deadline they haven't got time to acknowledge us?

clux73 Fri 16-Nov-12 18:37:44

I'm a bit disappointed get no feedback at all after all the time we spent trying to upload our films

gazzalw Fri 16-Nov-12 08:33:26

Obviously no news is good news ;-)

Magna Thu 15-Nov-12 19:08:54

Clux so glad you said that I haven't had any response to my e-mails.

jennywren123 Thu 15-Nov-12 18:23:53

Same!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now