This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Aldi Mamia baby toiletries range - product tester review thread

(103 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Oct-12 12:38:38

This thread is for all the Mumsnet research panellists who've been trying out Aldi's Mamia range of baby toiletries with their baby. Below are some questions to get you started but please feel free to add other comments too. Everyone who adds their feedback on this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a hamper of goodies from Aldi worth £50.

Q1 What was your overall impression of the Mamia range of baby toiletries? Did you enjoy using them?
Q2 How did the Mamia products compare with other products you've tried (please include details of what brands of baby toiletries you usually use)? Did they perform as well? Do you think any of them could be improved in any way?
Q3 Thinking about each product specifically, please tell us what you liked and/or disliked about them:
- Mamia Baby Bath
- Mamia Baby Lotion
- Mamia Baby Shampoo
- Mamia Baby Oil
Q4 Do you think you'll consider buying any of the Mamia baby toiletries range in future? If so, which product(s) and why? If not, why not?
Q5 If it came up in conversation, do you think you'd recommend Mamia baby toiletries to other parents of babies? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw,
MNHQ

Nivet Tue 13-Nov-12 10:29:38

I agree with SleepyFergus regarding the short test time vs. late delivery of the products - my comments were based on using each of the products only once. The other thing it might be worth mentioning is the way the products were packaged for delivery - just in a plastic delivery sack, my bottles were fairly scuffed and scruffy looking and I'm surprised they weren't damaged. It's not great if your testers are already feeling a bit negative before they use the product!

Can I just say that I've had to bin my shampoo! The bottle started leaking quite badly from a hole in the bottom of the bottle which must have been why everything was covered in gunk when it arrived.

I would also like to add that having compared a bit more the Aldi bubble bath with the Boots own brand one, the bubbles from the Aldi product don't last anywhere near as long.

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Nov-12 14:42:25

Thanks to everyone who took part - Aldi really appreciate your feedback.

I'm pleased to say the winner of the prize draw is..

J4D3

Congratulations - a hamper of Aldi goodies is yours - I'll PM you to get your details

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now