This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Try new Kingsmill Fruit and Fibre bread with your DC and have a chance to win a £250 Debenhams voucher

(164 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Sep-12 10:56:23

We've been asked by Kingsmill to find 250 Mumsnetters and their DC to try their new Fruit and Fibre Bread

Kingsmill says "Created to liven up the usual breakfast routine, Kingsmill have launched new Fruit and Fibre bread. Made with mixed berries, apples and raisins, this delicious loaf has been designed to put a fruity twist into breakfast time. Made from a blend of wholemeal and white flour and containing 35% of your daily wholegrain it provides a great source of fibre to kick start your day."

We're looking for UK MNers with at least one child living at home to take part in this test. If you're selected to take part you will be sent 2 loaves of Fruit and Fibre bread worth £1.20 each. The product will be delivered on or around Weds 26th Sept so please only apply if you and your DC will be able to try the bread around that time. You'll need to give your feedback on a thread on MN and on a short survey w/c 1 Oct.

Please click here for more info about the product, including a full list of ingredients.

Everyone who is a tester and adds their feedback to the thread and completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one person will win a £250 voucher for Debenhams.

If you'd like to take part please add your details here

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

boredandrestless Sat 29-Sep-12 16:07:13

We have ours and it's very nice! smile Will add more detailed feedback tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

cleanandclothed Fri 28-Sep-12 14:47:20

Still don't have mine - at what point do I give up? Is it going mouldy in the post bag ?

Got mine this afternoon - dcs love it, which is a shock as ds has food issues. They've scoffed nearly a whole loaf greedy sods

Lovemy3kids Thu 27-Sep-12 19:51:49

Got mine today...had one slice on its own...no butter....delicious!! DS1 thought the same too....will be trying it toasted in a bit too xx

Mmm it's lovely just on its own with Lurpak butter grin

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 13:58:38

The feedback thread is now live here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_product_tests/1574469-Kingsmill-Fruit-Fibre-bread-tester-review-thread

Please go on and add your feedback when you're ready.

none here either. Hoping it arrives today as I'm out tomorrow and cant get to the post office until Monday or tuesday. (which could be bad news if its gone out of date and sat in a sorting office for a few days.)

SaraSidle Thu 27-Sep-12 13:26:19

I have posted on review thread now

Agree, lack of spice/cinnamon makes a nice change

Still none here sad I think they have tried to deliver it though as I missed a parcel when I went to collect DS from preschool - honestly they know when you're not in I'm sure!

I love it how it is, as does ds.
I don't agree with adding spice to it, I cant stand cinnamon grin

cleanandclothed Thu 27-Sep-12 12:20:10

Still dont have mine

SaraSidle Thu 27-Sep-12 11:39:29

Helen did you all get some at hq?

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 11:37:42

Hi all - just to let you know we're working on the questions for the feedback thread and will email you all when it's ready for you to add your thoughts - hopefully tomorrow at the latest!

SaraSidle Thu 27-Sep-12 11:30:29

It's popular here!!

As I've been at hospital with ds 18 year old dd has been in charge. She loved it but thinks more fruit should be added.

However..... Try it as cheese on toast!! OMG! Delicious....

Chopstheduck Thu 27-Sep-12 10:03:30

I expected it to be a lot sweeter and agree it could do with a bit of spicing. I sprinkled some cinnamon over mine - I think allspice would work nicely too.

The older two loved it, the younger two will try it today.

I might have some more for lunch - it will make ace banana sandwiches grin

NiniLegsInTheAir Thu 27-Sep-12 09:30:55

DD (20 months) and me tried some last night - we had it lightly toasted with butter and both of us ate all we'd made. DD loves bread to it seems to be a hit with her. I like it as it's a midway point between a fruit loaf (like Soreen) and ordinary bread, and I also liked that it didn't have nuts or seeds in as they get between my teeth!

Husband tried some aswell this morning for breakfast and said he liked it as it was different, and took a few more slices to work with him! He usually only eats granary bread so this was unusual for him to approve of.

Think I'm going to try it with a splash of honey tonight!

Mine isn't here yet sad

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 26-Sep-12 21:47:44

Ours arrived at about 4pm today.

One loaf is ready to go in the morning and I've put the other in the freezer.

Will repost back soon!

ShoopShoop Wed 26-Sep-12 21:36:02

Right - we've all tried it here.

Baby Shoop (DD 14 months) wasn't too impressed when she had it toasted with butter. I really thought it would be a hit with her as she loves dried fruit and she loves toast hmm.

DH really wasn't a fan either - said the fruit was too "squidgy".

I didn't mind it - to be honest I was expecting a kind of hot cross bun in a loaf so was slightly disappointed with the blandness and lack of spicing. However, I think it has potential so am going to go and buy some of my favourite jam tomorrow and hope that it helps!

Thanks for letting us try it though Mumsnet & Kingsmill!

whojamaflip Wed 26-Sep-12 21:29:49

Got mine today too - had a quick look and it smells lovely BUT it seemed a bit stale confused. Think it will be fine toasted for brekkie tomorrow but even with loads of butter on it I think it would be way too dry to eat "raw" iyswim.

scrappydappydoo Wed 26-Sep-12 21:27:36

We got ours today - dds had some for a snack after school - liked it. I expected it to be a bit more fruity but I like rthe mix of fruit and it is v. tasty.

5inthebed Wed 26-Sep-12 21:22:18

Mine has arrived, thanks MN and kingsmill.

Tried some earlier, toasted, was ok. Will be feeding the kids it tomorrow for breakfast.

Mine arrived today. The dc tried it immediately upon coming home from school.
Dd (nine)had a slice untoasted, without butter, and declared it delicious.
Ds(13) had his toasted, with butter, and said it was gorgeous.

Ds has already asked to have some for breakfast.

Dd (whose lunchtime sandwich has come back from school sitting forlornly and untouched in her lunchbox yet again) will be getting some a smidge of butter in her lunchbox for school tomorrow. Will report tomorrow smile

Dh and I love the smell of it. I am going to have some for breakfast tomorrow. Dh was impressed by the amount of fruit in it (had expected just raisins).

Mine hasn't arrived sad I stayed in specially too sad the postman came but no bread, I wonder where it got too. Bet I miss it now if it comes tomorrow. Presumably they were all sent out at the same time so I wonder what happened.

Mine's not arrived yet. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now