Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Do you have fine or thinning hair? Try out the Invati haircare range from Aveda and win an Aveda hamper worth £77

(187 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 28-Aug-12 14:01:45

The folks at Aveda would like 30 Mumsnetters to try out the Invati haircare range. Here's what Aveda say about the product: "Some of the most powerful technologies exist in nature. With the Densiplex complex we found a botanically sourced solution for visibly thinning hair that harnesses the power of turmeric and ginseng, for thicker-fuller looking hair."

If you are selected you'll receive the Invati haircare range including Invati Exfoliating Shampoo (RRP £19.50), Invati Thickening Conditioner (RRP £21.50) and Invati Scalp Revitalizer (RRP £43.00). You'll then need to try out the 3-step system of products over the course of 8 weeks and add your feedback to a thread on Mumsnet.

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters who have fine or thinning hair or hair that falls out a lot.

Everyone who is selected and adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a hamper of the Stress-Fix Bodycare range worth £77.

If you'd like to try out the Invati haircare range, please sign up here

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Nov-12 10:36:34
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Oct-12 11:02:07

MildredH we'll be sending you the link to the feedback thread after you've tried the products for 8 weeks (so around the 12th November).

MrsS1980 I may be a little late now but I'll ask Aveda and get back to you.

MrsS1980 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:47:07

Hi MNHQ and all,

I'm getting my regular colour done on Friday and my hairdresser wants me to check with Aveda if it is still ok to go ahead with the colour whilst using this product. Does anyone know?

Thanks

lighthousekeeping Tue 02-Oct-12 10:15:10

Im still losing as much hair but after the spray it does look fuller.

MildredH Tue 02-Oct-12 06:25:20

Hello

Sorry if I've missed something here mnhq- I've had my products for a few weeks and been using.. Where do I post feedback? Will I be contacted?

Thanks
Mildred

BonnyDay Sun 30-Sep-12 14:11:41

i liek the smell - would never spend that much on it tbh

Viperidae Sat 29-Sep-12 00:03:26

I'm quite liking it but my hair is short and fine so when I use the spray (even into the roots) my hair is wet through so drying it poofs it up a bit.

Went to my hairdresser last week, they use Aveda and like this range but wondered if massaging the spray in might help stimulate blood flow, etc so effects might be partly the product and partly the regime iyswim.

Smells gorgeous!

moonbells Fri 28-Sep-12 11:45:14

Wilf I'm cheating a bit. I have waist-length long hair which shows the thinning badly at the ends and I need two goes with the shampoo to get any lather at all, so I'm running out of it already. So I'm doing the first go with another shampoo to try and eke out the Aveda one.
Conditioner is lovely. I think this is what does the trick. It's certainly making me feel like it's thicker.
Now I have an old trick of drying it upside down with a dryer to give it more body. The spray-in Scalp Revitaliser stuff flattens it against my head and makes me feel like it needs washing all over again. And I can't redry it with a dryer because it's flammable!

I would love prefer it if Aveda would send me more shampoo and not the spray.

WilfSell Fri 28-Sep-12 11:05:40

Any more updates for us ordinary bods? My hair is thinner, lankier and wispier than ever and scalp is showing through. Getting almost desperate enough to fork out 80 quid for this stuff if you tell me good things!

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Sep-12 09:04:58

MrsS1980 don't worry you can keep the products. You should have received an email from me, although sometimes I do get sent to the spam folder hmm

Viperidae Sun 23-Sep-12 22:47:11

I've just got back from a week away so have used mine for the first time today. It smells lovely and my hair looks nice so I am hoping this continues!

MrsS1980 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:54:21

Hi MNHQ. I was very sad as I did not get an email to say I had been selected. However................ my products arrived this morning! Does that mean i can do it after all? Please don't make me send them back!

lighthousekeeping Fri 21-Sep-12 20:09:37

I picked mine up today smile Im loving the fragrance. I put the Scalp Revitaliser on as soon as I opened it. It felt fine at first but has now really started to itch. I hope this wont be the case with the shampoo and conditioner.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Sep-12 09:28:01

Hi folks, the Scalp Revitaliser can be used on wet and dry hair and the bottle should last for 4 weeks. Aveda will send a second bottle to you around this time so you can continue using it for the full 8 weeks trail period.

my hairs the same gurl tops smooth and lovely but my ends, are just a mess, vo5 is the only thing to tame them!

Agree about the tiny print on the instructions and also the confusion about the scalp treatment.

I have very fine, chin length, curly hair which is thinning a bit on the top. I like the shampoo as it lathers quite well. The conditioner just doesn't condition enough for me - my hair is coloured and is quite dry. I can hardly get a comb through it after using the conditioner and so this is likely to cause more breakage. When it dries, it looks really dry and frizzy, not smooth at all. it does look a bit thicker though.

Confused about the scalp spray and have tended to use it during the evening on dry hair so that it dries before I go to bed (usually wash my hair in the morning). As the smell is so strong, I am reluctant to go to work smelling of this, so I have not been using it in the morning so far.

I agree with moonbells!

Fwiw my hair feels thicker, my mum noticed, not been using it a week yet --and I forgot all about the spray until this morning-- have had to stop using conditioner at the roots as my hair gets greasy but use it from ear height down.

Overall I like it, but the conditioner sets of pregnancy nausea, just smells odd imo.

moonbells Mon 17-Sep-12 11:02:22

One thing they do need to do is make their instructions readable! The text is so small, that you have to get the tube really close to be able to see it. I'm short-sighted so can get away with it, but if someone is long-sighted (and perhaps need reading glasses) and are using the products because their hair is thinning with age/menopause etc, then they are going to have a problem. Especially as it's multi-lingual - trying to find the English ones was a mare.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Sep-12 09:21:32

Hi all, thanks for your comments so far. I'll ask Aveda about using the spray on wet or dry hair and will post their reply here.

You need to try the products for 8 weeks and I'll send the feedback thread to you at the end of this trial period.

Please do keep posting any initial comments you have on this thread in the mean time.

Thanks thanks

Mine have arrived now. I have been away from home so only got them on Saturday. I am working away most of the week so it may be difficult to provide some feedback but I will try.

I havent tried them yet but I will start in the morning. I am also a bit confused about the spray - I assumed that you do it on dry hair because it says to do it twice a day. My hair isnt wet twice a day so I assumed that I should do it on dry hair.

Will we be sent a link to where we need to provide the feedback?

I love trying new hair products so I am excited about this grin

I'm not sure about the smell of it, I feel that it is maybe a bit over powering, especially the spray. Feel like I get a waft every time I move! grin

Have been using it for 2 days now, I wash my hair everyday, and I felt yesterday that my hair started to get a bit greasy as the day went on, I am prone to oily hair anyway, and normally use products for that. Today i cut back on conditioner to see if that makes a difference.

I have also used the spray on wet and dry hair, but found when I tried to dry my hair with the hairdryer after i out it in wet the smell was even worse...although if you like the smell that might be a bonus! smile

MildredH Fri 14-Sep-12 00:33:03

Aah sheesh kebabs.. I've not started. Kinda thought I'd be told when to.. Yikes best set alarm early tomz and get it all sloshed on..

Feedback so far tho= lovely posh packaging, lush fragrance but v steep prices.. It'd need to work a miracle for me to continue on..

Initial verdict = the shampoo and conditioner smell lovely. I really like the feel of the shampoo but I don't think the conditioner moisturised the ends as much as my normal conditioner. I've tried the spray on dry hair and wet hair and both seemed to work okay. My hair looked nice and glossy this morning and felt quite 'swishy.'

WilfSell Thu 13-Sep-12 15:21:52

So - watching with interest - have any of you testers tried all the products yet? How/when do you use the spray?

Any feedback so far or is it too early to say?

moonbells Thu 13-Sep-12 15:10:21

You know, I rather like wafting about the place smelling of lavender. It's supposed to be a stress-reliever which I really could do with (and stress is one of the probable causes of my hair loss) so a win-win for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now