Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Incahoot PLUS testers feedback thread - final feedback questions added

(90 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Jun-12 14:51:40

This thread is for the MNers who are currently trying out Incahoot PLUS, the new money saving scheme from Incahoot. Below are the initial feedback questions to gage your initial reactions of the site. Please answer the questions and also feel free to add any other comments you may have.

All those who add both sets of feedback to the thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 Amazon voucher.

Q1. How easy, or difficult, did you find it to understand Incahoot PLUS from the information provided on the Incahoot website? Was there anything in particular that was difficult to understand?
Q2. What, if any, other information would you have found useful to have on the site?
Q3. How easy, or difficult, did you find it to navigate and use the Incahoot PLUS website? Did you find any specific areas particularly difficult? If so, why?
Q4. What did you like about the Incahoot PLUS website? What did you dislike? What would you like to see improved?
Q5. Have you used any discounts/offers through Incahoot PLUS so far? If yes, which ones? If no, are there any you are likely to use soon?
Q6. From your first impressions of the service so far, how likely, or not, are you to recommend the service to a friend/relative? Why?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.

MNHQ

NS Mon 09-Jul-12 05:04:17

Q1. How easy, or difficult, did you find it to understand Incahoot PLUS from the information provided on the Incahoot website? Was there anything in particular that was difficult to understand?
A1. Easy to understand but the login could have been made easier by re-directing to the Incahoot Plus page for members.

Q2. What, if any, other information would you have found useful to have on the site? Link to exclusive Offers such as 10% instant cashback on Comet SMS voucher

Q3. How easy, or difficult, did you find it to navigate and use the Incahoot PLUS website? Did you find any specific areas particularly difficult? If so, why? Easy to navigate but I would have preferred a dropdown list or a 'search that actually works' for all retailers rather than retailers split by discounts, vouchers, Print and save etc.

Q4. What did you like about the Incahoot PLUS website? What did you dislike? What would you like to see improved? Liked - Not a very well designed website; TopCashback and Quidco are better designed cashback sites; NHS Discounts is a better designed Reloadable Cards and Vouchers site, MyVoucherCodes better designed site for discount offers.

Q5. Have you used any discounts/offers through Incahoot PLUS so far? If yes, which ones? If no, are there any you are likely to use soon?
Not used any yet. Likely to use Comet SMS vouchers if the 10% SMS voucher saving can be used in addition to discount offers.

Q6. From your first impressions of the service so far, how likely, or not, are you to recommend the service to a friend/relative? Why?
Not likely to recommend as the £30 fee would outweigh any benefits

helibee Wed 11-Jul-12 06:15:43

It seemed fairly easy to understand

Q2. What, if any, other information would you have found useful to have on the site?

Better links to incahoot plus and better info on what fees actually cover!

Q3. How easy, or difficult, did you find it to navigate and use the Incahoot PLUS website? Did you find any specific areas particularly difficult? If so, why?

I have found the site far too busy/cluttered. We are busy mums and this seemed a long and laborious task to get to the offers appropriate etc.

Q4. What did you like about the Incahoot PLUS website? What did you dislike? What would you like to see improved?

I don't particularly like it at all

No, so far no offers in Scotland that I would use sad

I wouldn't recommend it. I make far more money back on sites like topcashback and I dont have to pay a fee for that! I'd feel bad if I recommended the site and people didn't make their fees back!

StellaMarie Thu 12-Jul-12 15:34:00

OK, so I finally got my welcome letter and it doesn't present a very professional image. The date is 13/2/2012 so clearly incorrect and the bottom of the letter states Page 1 of 4, there is only 1 side of printed material in the envelope.

Frankly if I had paid my hard earned money to register for a Plus site I would be worried. Basic mistakes such as these do not give the best impression of a company.

SazzSelby Fri 13-Jul-12 16:37:05

It was very easy to understand

I feel all the information I need is there

The drop down menus were helpful for finding the particular vouchers I wanted. I also like the Local Discounts page, it was very easy to find local deals near to me.

I liked the savings I could make! And as I mentioned in the previous question, the local discounts page was very useful for finding extra discounts locally. I dislike the savings calculator as I don't think it can be accurate (it doesn't ask any questions about where you spend your money, so it can't know how it can make you savings). It would be good if it then directed you to the relevant pages on the website for making these savings.

I haven't used any yet, but I've noticed many vouchers that I could purchase people as Christmas presents. I'm likely to use the restaurant vouchers soon too.

I would be likely to recommend this so that friends and relatives could see if they too can make savings. It appears to be a genuine website with fantastic offers and discount that can save people money on everyday essentials as well as luxuries.

SamsGoldilocks Sun 15-Jul-12 18:24:41

I didn't find it easy to use, it never seemed very obvious where to find a particular type of shop. I wasn't clear about what the difference between plus was as opposed to normal - offers seemed to be available at both locations

Very clear details of the cards and discounts available. I got some of the discount cards - i assumed you'd just show them at shops they were for but actually i really dislike the fact i have gift cards with nil value, for me they would work much better as a present at point of purchase rather than a load upfront card.

I really dislike the site. I tried to use it to find some deals for my fuel and phone providers, it was far easier to go to top cashback and to price comparison sites. Plus the companies available seemed very limited and frankly not well known.

I didn't like much - offers seemed quite limited and not easy to find the kind of deals i wanted. In fact i feel quite annoyed at paying £2 for giftcards with no value that were described as being discount cards.

see answer to q2

No, i just don't understand how i would earn enough through this site to make it worth paying £29 for. Frankly I've struggled to get pleasure or discounts from the site. i don't like it and i don't want to use it much so it's taken me a long time to write my feedback.

kez1212 Wed 18-Jul-12 15:23:51

It was fairly easy to understand.

What you pay £30 for, I don't really see what the benefits are. Also, for there to be a clearer link to the Incahoot PLUS page.

I agree with other comments, too cluttered! I found it easy to do the local deals which was good. The whole site just lacks something though, not very inspiring!

More time needs to be spent on the overall presentation and quality of the site. There are much better sites out there that you don't have to pay for!

I have not used any offers yet, there seems to be too much faff to get the offers for really not much reward or savings.

I will not be recommending the site. I do not see what the benefits of paying £30 are and I would struggle to recoup those costs in savings.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Jul-12 16:31:27

Hi all, thanks for your feedback so far, here's the final set of questions - please also feel free to add any other comments you may have.

Everyone who adds both sets of feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 Amazon voucher!

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

Q1. Which offers and/or discounts did you use through Incahoot PLUS? If you used the reloadable cards, how useful or not did you find them to help with budgeting?

Q2. Overall, do you think you saved any money using Incahoot PLUS, or not? If so, how much approximately do you think you saved?

Q3. Which, if any, offers and/or discounts did you find most useful?

Q4. Incahoot PLUS costs £29.99 per year, do you think this represents good value for money or not?

Q5. Do you think you will continue to use the discounts and/or offers on Incahoot PLUS after this trial? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q6. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Incahoot PLUS to a friend or relative? If so why, if not why not?

Now just a couple of question about Incahoot in general (i.e not Incahoot PLUS but the free offerings):

Q7. Did you visit Incahoot's main website? If so, what did you think? Did you find it easy to understand and navigate or not? What specifically did you like about the website and what didn't you like? Why?

Q8. Incahoot offers exclusive deals on areas such as energy, insurance, mobile phones, broadband etc did you look at any of these offers? If so, what did you think? Would you be likely to use any of these offers in the future? Why/why not? Would you like anymore information to be provided on these offers?

mrsbunnyw Thu 19-Jul-12 18:49:14

The text was easy to understand, but I really couldn't see why anyone would choose to pay £30 to use this when there are much cheaper sites eg Quidco available.

A better explanation as to why I should pay money up front.

It was useable but fiddley and the offers seemed to be repeated a lot - maybe as it's only a trial version?

I didn't really like anything much. I would expect to see much greater discounts on regular, everyday items if I was going to pay this much for a service.

No; there was nothing that interested me.

I would not recommend it. It has no advantages over cheaper or free alternatives, and was not particularly navigable.

mrsbunnyw Thu 19-Jul-12 18:52:21

Q1. Which offers and/or discounts did you use through Incahoot PLUS? If you used the reloadable cards, how useful or not did you find them to help with budgeting?

I haven't used any offers; I could not find anything that appealed to me the first time, so I have not been back.

Q2. Overall, do you think you saved any money using Incahoot PLUS, or not? If so, how much approximately do you think you saved?

No. I have not found any deals that interest me so have not saved anything.

None

Q4. Incahoot PLUS costs £29.99 per year, do you think this represents good value for money or not?

Very poor value for money. Quidco costs £5 per year, taken out of earnings, for a very similar (but more extensive) service. I would never recommend anyone pay that much for this, especially up front.

Q5. Do you think you will continue to use the discounts and/or offers on Incahoot PLUS after this trial? If so, why? If not, why not?

No. None are relevant to me.

Q6. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Incahoot PLUS to a friend or relative? If so why, if not why not?

No. It is expensive and irrelevant and there are better and cheaper options available.

Now just a couple of question about Incahoot in general (i.e not Incahoot PLUS but the free offerings):

Q7. Did you visit Incahoot's main website? If so, what did you think? Did you find it easy to understand and navigate or not? What specifically did you like about the website and what didn't you like? Why?

Did not visit.

Q8. Incahoot offers exclusive deals on areas such as energy, insurance, mobile phones, broadband etc did you look at any of these offers? If so, what did you think? Would you be likely to use any of these offers in the future? Why/why not? Would you like anymore information to be provided on these offers?

Did not look.

ChitChatFlyingby Sun 22-Jul-12 11:26:15

So far I have only used the reloadable cards, but I have ear marked a few discount offers for later use. I almost used the Chessington discount vouchers, but my friend was able to get them slightly cheaper through ichild. I am saving to buy the Merlin cards through Incahoot though. The reloadable cards have really helped with my budgeting. I’ve been able to allocate my spending on each card for my main purchases –
Sainsbury’s – Grocery shopping,
B&Q – renovating at the moment!
Argos/Homebase – birthday presents and Renovating/decoating
Costa – a coffee break smile
Boots – toiletries (this has really helped because I don’t always buy a lot every month, but can budget a set amount of money to put on the card every month and can bulk buy when I need without falling short that month)

I do have other reloadable cards, but haven’t loaded them yet as I am on a tight budget due to renovations.

(Oh and thanks for fixing the links for balance checking! Costa’s is still not doing the check on their site, but understand that is not something you can fix.)

I have received £102 cash back from Incahoot so far, so have definitely saved. I have probably saved even more by being stricter with myself as I can see how much I have spent on things quickly (can keep a track of the little purchases I make, especially in Sainsburys which I tend to forget about!). I almost made back the annual fee just with one month’s Sainsbury’s shop.

Reloadable cards, definitely, especially as I don't need to wait for them to be posted to me to reload. But for occasional large purchases I will be definitely browsing through the online discounts. I have already ear marked a few for Christmas present purchases.

You might want to add a note to tell people to be vigilant about getting their cards back - a lot of retailers keep them if you use the balance up and I have had to make a point of asking for my card back!!!

It does, however I looked at Incahoots before this test, and because I was unable to see the discounts/cash back deals I didn’t purchase it. If I had been able to see the offers I would probably have signed up then .

Yes I will. I have purchased the reloadable cards and will continue to use them. Other large purchases through different retailers I will also check to see if I get a better deal through Incahoots before I purchase a different way.

Yes, and I have done so already.

I had a look at the main site, it looks ok, not sure how it could be improved. I think the concierge idea is quite good, but would hesitate to send you my actual bills, to be honest. I can’ t understand why I couldn’t just type in the information on the website – postcode, usage, price, etc, and get the information that way.

Free Incahoot Plus membership is a bit pointless if you are already a member of Incahoot plus, unless it is put towards the following year’s membership?

I don’t allow Direct Debit for utility companies (REALLY don’t trust them to stuff up and cost me more as a result!) and most of your offers require Direct Debit

I have had a look at the home insurance, but am having problems registering with More Than to save my quote!!! My phone is a company phone so wouldn’t look at this, and because I am in a rural area am hesitant to change broadband providers, however I did have a look, and there isn’t enough information on phone charges. Free evening and weekend calls to UK landlines is all well and good, but I make a lot of international calls as well and need to see what the rate for those calls would be before making a 12 month commitment. I would also like to see what their charges for 0800, 0845 and those type of numbers are as there are a lot of them about (calling these very same companies!) and the fees for these types of calls can add up quite quickly.

To be honest these aren't the type of offers which grab my attention, and I wouldn't have looked at them as closely as I have for the purposes of doing this feedback

*Further to this feedback*: a question which I'd like Incahoot to answer. The cashback is exactly that, a CASH back. If I want to I can have that money sent back to my bank account, then use it to purchase more credit on a reloadable card and I will be given a further cash back on that amount. Yet when I put the cashback directly onto the reloadable card, I didn't get a further cashback on that amount. I'm still 'purchasing' that amount from the company, aren't I?

ChitChatFlyingby Mon 23-Jul-12 12:21:09

Further to previous post - have just used the discount link to Play.com to buy some DVDs. Simple enough! Will have to see how much cash back I get, guess it's the lowest % but was going to buy some DVDs for the school holidays anyway. (And their preferred partner wanted to charge £10 per month for membership for discounts.)

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 24-Jul-12 09:53:42

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. Chitchat - Incahoot have this response to your query:

"Hello Chitchatflyingby, thank you very much for your feedback, we are really pleased that we have been able to help you save so much money.

In terms of your question, cashback is only accrued on money which is loaded onto your reloadable retail card by a debit or credit card. This is because the cashback itself, when it is still in our system, is a reward, and you cannot then earn further cashback on top of it. It is similar to the fact that many retailers will not allow you to use a discount voucher on an item which is already in the sale. Obviously, if you transfer the money to your bank account and then onto a reloadable card, as you rightly say, you can then earn cashback on your cashback.

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Thank you - Incahoot"

DanyTargaryen Tue 24-Jul-12 11:54:23

The reloadable cards are a fantastic idea and really have yes helped me with my budgeting alot.

Not sure how much but did save money on a mobile phone contract that was better than mine.

mobile phone contract

Yes.

More than likely

Yes I would reccomend

Easy navigation, not too blinding. I liked it.

I found my way round quite well. Probably will use the energy offers.

Tee2072 Tue 24-Jul-12 13:00:40

I did not use any of the offers. I did not think the savings were enough to take the time to use them.

No

none

no.

doubtful

no

Yes, I looked at it first. I also think the discounts aren't deep enough to be any use.

no. Again, not enough of a discount offered.

sophmiester Tue 24-Jul-12 15:45:18

I have used the reloadable cards Sainsbury’s , M&S and Asda. I decided to wait until pay day and load money on all these cards at once so only one 50p charge. I have gained over £20 cashback on this month’s shopping. Has also helped to keep an eye on how much we are spending on food and help us to keep within a budget. We will be continuing to use the cards each month and should save approx £250 a year

Have saved around £20 in a month.

Realoadable cards

If you are going to spend alot of money in supermarkets over the year YES

Probably unless come across any problems over the year, did struggle to activate M&S card but customer service team sorted this quickly

Yes good savings at supermarket

N/A

N/A

Roseformeplease Tue 24-Jul-12 21:37:11

1. I haven't used any of the cards as I can only shop regularly at the co-op and other shops are too far. I haven't found any other offers that interest me although I will use the site for switching electric/mobile etc.
2. Nothing - sorry
3. Nothing really but when we are shopping in the city next week I hope to find some good offers.
4. Not for me, no.
5. Yes, I will keep an eye on it.
6. Yes, if they got it free but not sure it is worth £30 a month.
7. Took a while to get round things and wasn't easy to navigate.
8. I looked at them and will look again when contracts run out for me.

Thanks for the chance to try this out. I enjoyed the whole process and will continue to look at the offers.

llynnnn Tue 24-Jul-12 22:29:48

I didn't use any of the offers or discounts as unfortunately I didn't feel the reward/cashback was great enough for the work it would be to get a card.

No

None unfortunately. i went into this wanting to save money and get a good bargain, but nothing on the site that I found was useful or saved enough money enough to warrant it.

No, I don't as the rewards and discounts on offer can be found elsewhere on the internet for a much less or zero charge.

I will check back every so often, epecially when it c omes to renewing insurances or gas/electricity contracts

No I wouldnt, the membership fee, paid upfront is just too high

I had a quick look. It was simple to use, clear and easy to navigate.

I think this is the area I am most likely to use in the future when I come to renew and review my costs.

I would like to thank Incahoot and Mumsnet for allowing me to have a look at this, it has such promise and is a great idea but, for me, I feel the cashback and discounts aren't 'special' enough to warrant the effort and membership fee

I have had a go and tried to be patient when each offer amounted to nothing but I was quite disappointed with the Incahoots site all in all.

To top it off...despite me clearly putting my name spelled correctly when I registered they repeatedly send me emails advertising the recent offers calling by a different (though similar) name. It is rude I tells ya...

Not impressed...wouldn't recommend.

FanjoForTheMammaries Wed 25-Jul-12 08:06:58

I have ordered reloadable cards for Sainsbury's, M and S, Argos, Costa and Boots. I mostly shop in these stores so feel it will be worthwhile to get money back for doing so, my weekly spend is quite consistent so I think it will be easy to budget and decide how much to put on the cards each time.

I haven't yet but would estimate I could save/ earn over the £29.99 joining fee annually.

I have printed the 25% off Pizza Express voucher to use when we are on holiday next week.

Yes I think it does overall, although I don't think you could make massive savings.

Yes, I probably will since it involves getting cashback for little extra effort.

Yes I probably would.

Yes I did, at the time I found it pretty basic with not that much to offer in my area, and also found it time consuming to wade through the offers available only to find I couldn't make savings in the products I wanted. It was quite easy to navigate though. Have looked again this week and the website looked like it had been worked on and seemed more visually appealing.

I had a look for new broadband but found the range of offers disappointing and not any more impressive than those available online, if the offers improved with more exclusive prices I would definitely consider using them.

SootyLenoir Wed 25-Jul-12 10:29:09

I only used the reloadable cards. I have found them useful, it's a bit of a faff having to load them a couple of days in advance and I think you have to be prepared to put large amounts on to get the most out of them. However, they are worth using. It's a shame you can't just have one Incahoot Plus card that you use in participating shops, rather than several reloadables.

I've made about £15 cash back, minus about £5 in fees for the cards, so about £10. Would have been more but I've been on holiday so not using the supermarket.

I didn't use any others. To be honest they don't look much different to the discounts you'd get for free elsewhere, and many are things like restaurant vouchers - we rarely eat out!

I'm not sure about this. I do think I will earn much more in cash back over a year and earn the fee back. But I think it's a lot to ask for upfront. Why not ask for a fee of £2.50 each month, taken from the cash back so you don't feel as though you're risking losing' anything? I think you'd have to offer 1 month free or something, so people could see how much they might earn without committing to the fee straight away. Also, regarding the fees for loading the cards etc, it would be better to have this taken from the cash back. Where you have a record of cash back that's gone into the account, I'd like to see the charges coming out there, so you can see exactly what you've spent on the service, as well as earned. I understand that you have to charge, but doing it this way would make it more transparent. At the moment I have to keep my own record on a scrap of paper next to the PC.

I should say as well, unless you're using reloadable cards, then it's absolutely not worth it.

Yes, but only the reloadable cards. They're easy to use and I'm getting cash back, so will definitely keep using. I may renew my membership next year but unsure at the moment.

I might but with the caveat that it's a bit of a risk paying nearly 30 quid up front.

I did briefly. It's easy to navigate. Nothing specific I liked or didn't like.

I didn't look at these. We shop around when we buy and use some of the many comparison sites so I'm confident we're getting good deals. I might take another look when our contracts need renewing.

FrankWippery Wed 25-Jul-12 11:32:54

I've printed off discounts/vouchers for Lego Land, Café Rouge, Chessington and Sea Life Centres, which will all be used in the next couple of weeks. Also have reloadable cards for Boots, Pizza Express, Sainsbury's and Arcadia - all places that I (and my older children) use regularly

Yep, definitely saved money. In excess of £150 so far I reckon.

There are loads that are for places that we as a family use a LOT, the list above is pretty indicative of what I will be using the card for

* Absolutely, for me anyway.*

Yep - pretty clear why!

Yes I would and I have. My oldest DD has ordered an Incahoot PLUS card, as has my Mum, Sister and 3 SILS. DD1 is off to University this year, so is out for any way that she can save pennies; I will also be able to reload her Boots/Sainsbury's cards for her so at least she's going to be clean and eating properly!!

I wasn't wildly enthusiastic about the main site TBH, I found it rather cluttered and not brilliant to navigate. I much prefer the Plus site, but that could be because I have obviously spent far more time on it and therefore know my way around it.

I haven't had a need for any of these at the moment. None of my current deals are due for renewal until towards the end of the year. I will have a good look from October onwards though, as suspect I can probably save some money on them all.

Thank you Mumsnet and Incahoot for the opportunity to trial this, it has definitely saved me quite a substantial sum and will continue to do so. I think it is highly likely that I will renew the annual subscription when this one runs out.

Tigerlily13 Thu 26-Jul-12 09:58:01

Haven't used any

No

Didn't find it a very useful site

Not at all, can't see what the offers are for this money

No, not used them anyway

No as I can't find any useful deals / offers

Visited but didn't find it easy to use or understand

No

likelucklove Thu 26-Jul-12 12:41:37

I did not use any of the offers.

No and I would not be happy if I had paid for it, since it does not really seem to be good value for money.

None. I was looking for home items, particularly a bed, and was unimpressed with the selection available and the offers that were available for this. I would have thought with an expensive item, there would be better deals available.

No, since it provides a service other sites already give the public for free, or for less money. I have shown some family and friends, and they agreed also.

No, since the selection did not impress me and the offers were not substantial for me to make any savings. If I did all my shopping online, I worked out I may have made £30 a year, but I would be paying more for food shopping and the like, than I already do, which would counter-act the savings made.

No because I found the site hard to use, and it did not impress me greatly. I also did not use the services, so cannot comment on whether they act 'work', since it seems to be a problem flagged up by others here.

I did visit the main website. I did not like the layout, which I found it hard to navigate around. There needs to be more sub-categories, not just home, so that you can find a specific item without having to trail through pages.

I did look at the mobile offers (the others I am fixed with my suppliers so cannot move) for a present for my DP, but I could get a better offer directly through my network, so it was not as competitive as I had hoped. I may use the offers if better ones are provided, especially around Christmas time. The information given was enough and easy to understand.

StellaMarie Thu 26-Jul-12 15:01:01

Q1. I didn't use any of the offers, nothing interested me.

Q2. Not applicable

Q3. Not applicable

Q4. NO, I didn't see any offers which interested me or anything local to me. I do not like to part with money upfront unless I know exactly what is on offer so I would probably not have spent 29.99 in the first place.

Q5. I doubt it, there is nothing in my area and I do not need exclusive deals on mobile phones etc

Q6. Probably not, I'm sure a lot of these offers are available in various forms elsewhere and I wouldn't sign up just for the cashback store cards.

Q7. Yes I did visit the main website, I found it quite busy and nothing really grabbed my attention.

Q8. Incahoot offers exclusive deals on areas such as energy, insurance, mobile phones, broadband etc did you look at any of these offers? - Yes i did look at these offers but I am happy with what I currently negotiate for myself.

KatieBMumsnet - just to let you know I have name changed since filling in the initial feedback, so I have answered both sets of feedback!

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Jul-12 15:05:18

Hi StellaMarie thank you - I've found your initial feedback too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now