AIBU to think my DD (2.5yrs) is a philosophical genius?

(121 Posts)
LoopyLoopsWoopDeWoops Sat 03-Dec-11 20:32:44

... to come out with this little gem:

"If you're happy and you know it, can you really show it?"

grin

"I am dressed in myself" - Oh!!! (I cried that out loud!)

I love this thread. I always thought little kids were natural anarchists, not philosophers. I was wrong!

cheekeyiownitmonkey Sat 03-Dec-11 22:55:14

Tomorrow, I will be mainly....dressed in myself!

isthisrude Sat 03-Dec-11 22:57:03

My son wrote a song when he was 4 about which included the words:

I'm looking out at the sunset
It reminds me of the first time that we met.

I still don't know if he heard them somewhere. It was about a boy who had lost someone he loved.

tethersjinglebellend Sat 03-Dec-11 23:01:24

DD (3) stood in the middle of the room this evening and announced "I am <full name> and I am a mistake!" with a big grin on her face.

I'm not sure how she knew...

thenightsky Sat 03-Dec-11 23:02:13

DS used to come out with all this stuff daily.

He is now studying philosophy at Lancaster and loving it.

LoopyLoopsWoopDeWoops Sat 03-Dec-11 23:04:06

smile

moonface73 Sat 03-Dec-11 23:07:22

I love the people in the play set!

My dd did the standard point and laugh at a guy with a massive beard the other day, before I could say a word my ds said, 'don't laugh at people because they are different, thats what starts wars'.

zipzap Sat 03-Dec-11 23:14:15

When we were out for a walk when ds1 was 3, he cycled through a little tunnel having lots of fun making noises and listening to the echoes. Afterwards he turned to us and said that he thought that echoes were like shadows in sound rather than light which I always thought was quite a poetic insight for a 3 year old...

Tiggles Sat 03-Dec-11 23:26:43

Those are great smile

When DS2 was 3 he came out with "If you don't take a fishing net with you, you won't catch any fish"

LoopyLoopsWoopDeWoops Sat 03-Dec-11 23:33:47

grin

JamieComeHome Sat 03-Dec-11 23:42:08

DS2 (age 3), used to attribute all his basest desires to the "little man in his tummy". Basically, he had a homunculus

Greenshirt Sat 03-Dec-11 23:42:30

My aunt once asked my brother if there were any coloured children in his class at school[1970's disclaimer] my brother said "We're all different colours. I'm pink."

BrigitBigKnickers Sat 03-Dec-11 23:46:57

After being told off for some sort of toddler mischief- DD2 aged 22 months once said "I not naughty- I just little"

voodoobarbie Sat 03-Dec-11 23:48:17

ds 7 was 5 when he said
God is kind, he gave us the gift of now, the present which is now and also a gift.

Wow zipzap that is lovely

QuintessentialyFestive Sat 03-Dec-11 23:55:23

I went cycling with my son (9) today, and as we were cycling up a really steep hill, the son shone through the clouds, and my son, far ahead of me, shouted "look, mum, the light of the lord is shining upon you, saying, YOU CAN DO IT"

Not sure if he was just suddenly overly religious, or full of a good sense of humour!

NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Sat 03-Dec-11 23:59:54

the girl I nanny for said today 'I know why some roads have dead ends.. because otherwise the world would just go on for ever'

Not deep but quite funny, dd (5) pondering about life in Africa: 'mum, do they have cars in africa?' yes dd they do... Dd: (with a very surprised look on her face) 'what! You mean in a place where they don't have food but they drive cars?' grin

mummyplonk Sun 04-Dec-11 00:03:09

My boys 6 & 5 were talking in their bunk beds earlier about God, the youngest said 'where is he from' the oldest said 'Nowhere he is magic' little one said 'he must have come from somewhere when he was a baby' older one sayS 'hmm he is from somewhere a long long way away' (long pause) '....actually I think he's from Wales,' total acceptance from little one and me stifling laughter on the stairs.

Pmsl mummy! I love listening to their bunk bed convos, they are always hilarious!

wheredidyoulastseeit Sun 04-Dec-11 00:15:43

How fast does time go?

ThoughtsPlease Sun 04-Dec-11 00:24:53

My then 3 year old asked me 'How did the first person that knew something know it?'

LoopyLoopsWoopDeWoops Sun 04-Dec-11 00:36:44

Wow thoughts. That is something that has troubled me, but at 3?! shock

I'm suddenly feeling optimistic about the future smile (and deep happy sigh)

LoopyLoopsWoopDeWoops Sun 04-Dec-11 01:19:38

I know. I hope they hold onto these big thoughts and develop them even further. smile Happy days. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now