D'ya ever wonder where all the other mums of multiples are?

(1000 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:05:26

....or have we scared them all off with our inane chatter and multple moans!

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 06:36:36

Morning girls x

That's far too smug, FuriousP, it will come back to bite you winkgrin

I do dread when mine reach that point where they are older and don't go to bed and leave me with that 2 hours of peace. <<packs bag ready for escape>>

Shay would def ignore me too. Dd and ds1 have more respect, and wouldn't dare point blank refuse to do as they are told. Shay does whatever the hell he wants, he is very bright, quite a bit cocky, and absolutely bloody minded. Most of the time he is good, but if he doesn't want to be I will just be stuffed, he'll just do what he wants anyway! Rav will mostly do as he is told but throw screaming hissy fits.

I swear too much too blush I think it is probably mandatory when dealing with multiples!

Morning girls xx

Got Lew here - heavy cold, the runs and being sick....joy of joys grin

Got to pick up Chelles son from primary school at 3.15 because the mighty Chellester has only got herself a job!!

....then tonight its French revision with Tom.

Oh the joys of being a parent and Grandparent!!

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 09:08:13

Oh no! Seems to be taking the mick a bit, u get him when he is ill! Hope you don't catch it x

bagpuss Tue 09-Oct-12 09:20:12

Hey ladies, can I return too? I promise to Hoover the shag pile and buy the choccy nuts for trips grin.

GupX, my dts were three last week. I honestly don't know how time has flown by so quickly. I can still remember what I was doing three years ago today, like it was yesterday really.

Dawn, Kate and chiger, hello there! This is a fab thread - this lot were a massive support to me when my dts were born smile. <<wipes tear away from eye>>

triplets Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:14

Poor Lew though Shabs xx
What dates can you do Faliraki?
Dd went off today having no wash or teeth brushed....................because she did it last night.
Tomorrow my two boys are meeting Princess Anne at their school, they seem quite impressed, their sister is not!
Off to my mums to do some more clearing sad

triplets Tue 09-Oct-12 09:24:57

Bagpuss....................how lovely to have you back! What have you been up to? Can`t believe its three years!! Thank you for the nuts, you rememberedsmile

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 09:29:44

aww, trips, thinking of you. Is there much more to do?

bagpuss! welcome back x

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 09:30:51

I met princess anne once. We were at the norfolk show looking around a craft stall and got kicked out cos HRH wanted to look. I wasn't much older than Rebecca i dont think and I wasn't impressed neihter! grin

The teeth and washing thing is also Toms theory Trips......'I had a shower last week I dont need another one!!!' His bedroom smells like teenage boy despite being cleaned every day by some idiot who lives in our house hmm Danny was also the same UNTIL he was about 15 (which Tom is now) when he discovered a tarty wench young girl who he liked at school. Then we were all 'bowled over' by shiny white teeth and the subtle stink of Lynx!!

<<waves to Bagpuss>> xxx

bagpuss Tue 09-Oct-12 09:44:38

Thank you trips! Not sure what I've been up to really, life just got in the way of mn for a while. Dh was redundant for part of last year, which was an interesting few months, but is now back at work thankfully. We lost my dad in january too sad so this year has been tough enough already.

Ds1 has started high school so I now also feel very old grin. The dts are just brilliant - I honestly don't remember the other three being this much fun as toddlers!

Shabs, I hope Lew is feeling better soon << passes Shabs a big box of tissues>>.

Sokmonsta, hi to you too, sorry I seem to have overlooked a complete page of posts blush. Not sure how I managed that when there are only two confused.

triplets Tue 09-Oct-12 23:01:12

Yes Baggy............real life sure does get in the way! Another emotional time at Mums, one more visit and I shall be finished............God its so sad, its the little things you find...........seems unreal, knowing that I shall be closing her front door for the last time soon. The house I lived in from the age of 5, a house mainly full of happy happy memories, of dogs, cats, budgies, rabbits, we had them all. Ohsad
Also today someone contacted me via FB to say they were certain Ollie my lost cat was in a garden in Kingsdown, 5 mins by car from here. We went up, walked up and down the streets getting a few strange looks calling his name, nothingsad
Thats my Mum and my cat both lost to me in three months, too sad.
I guess this is "real life"!!

Wish you could find Ollie - so sad to read about your Mum and having to clear her house. My Mum said to me 'Oh my word, you are going to have bloody fun clearing all my rubbish when I pop my clogs sad I have got 38 photograph albums and Im leaving them all to you!!!' Think I will have to get an extension built onto the house. xx

bubby64 Wed 10-Oct-12 00:36:16

Hi. Very late up, M off school today, temperature, sick and dizzy, so I had to stay home with him. Didn't get much done as he wanted to sit and "snuggle", so nice to have my little boy back, even if only for a while because he felt rotten.
Up at the moment as suddenly realised at 11.30pm I hadn't washed Js PE kit which got wet and muddy today, and he needs it again tomorrow! Just waiting for the machine to spin before putting it in the dryer!

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 07:29:04

Morning girls.

Hope M and Lewis are feeling better today.

ds1 is struggling atm. Absolutely exhausted, on the verge of collapse. DH said he looked like he was going to pass out when he collected him from Boys Brigade last night. He broke down in floods of tears at school yesterday morning because his bike seized up. I've told him to try to get through today and then will probably keep him off for a few days to recover. School trip on fri anyway, which he doesn't want to go to, and will just be more exhausting.

He is overwhelmed at school, and can't seem to even switch off. Even last night he was still singing and playing with his cuddly toy in bed (stimming because he hasn't had any let up at school) rather than going to sleep.

He has taken on a bit much really, but I don't want to hold him back at all. Though he does really need to recognise his limitations sad

Lew was taken back to emergency doctors last night - his temperature is frightening EVEN about an hour after medicine. GP (obviously) says it is a virus!!Em is staying off with him today. She has received a verbal warning from Bolton Education authority because they say she should have adequate child care hmm Danny works for local council in the finance department and they are living in fear of their jobs folding...bloody country, bloody cutbacks and bloody smarmy faced Cameron.....<<throws darts at picturs of the slimeball>>

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 07:53:56

She has received a verbal warning from Bolton Education authority because they say she should have adequate child care shock

seriously?? Has she really had that much time off? What about parental leave etc? Poor Em!

No she hasn't had any time off except her annual leave. She works in a Education authority nursery. In the nursery there is a baby nursery. Parents have to pay for the baby nursery and thats where she works. Its kind of a private day care within a free state run nursery - if that makes any sense. The manager of the private baby nursery is a cow - to be frank!! Emma has to put in her annual leave around Xmas time for the following year.

Last month Em was really not well - ladies problems!! She took two days off and they went crazy at her.

At one time, in our area, if you got a job with either the council or education authority you thought you had it made. Now things have changed so much.

Knowing Em she will lose her temper big time with them. She is quiet but dont push her grin

If she took Lew into nursery during school holidays they would charge her the same rate as the parents - robbing gits - thats why I started having him every day.

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 08:59:50

they sound like right wankers sad

I can remember the council being good, exh used to work for them at one point.

bubby64 Wed 10-Oct-12 13:23:43

Shabs - hope Lew is ok, what a shit Emma's boss is! She needs reminding that Emma has the right to parental leave if her child is sick, and any warning could lead to a discrimination tribunal!
Chops - thanks for asking - M back at school today, after being ok overnight, looked a little pale, but temp remained down and not sick/dizzy anymore.
Pissed off with J - after me staying up til 1am doing his bloody PE kit, he decided that he isnt going to rugby club today, as he is too tired!

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 14:39:44

<sigh> at J, but at least M is better!

Mine have been a bit like that with cross country, have to keep reminding them if they want to do it, they need to be fully committed. And Ravi never wants to actually practise the violin, but they will take these things on!

Remember that GP had said that Lew, in his opinion, had a heart murmur? Over the last few months two other docs have said the same. He went for his hospital appointment today and they were there ages. They have scanned, prodded, poked and consulted - he has no problems, at all, with his heart. <<massive sigh of relief>>

.....and my best friend Chellester - her son who just turned 11 - was born with a hole in his heart. He has had yearly hospital appointments but they told him 3 years ago it was healing and today was also his day at the same hospital grin The hole in his heart is no more....it has closed (or whatever the hell they call it) and they have discharged him.

Spent most of the afternoon having a few tears - so delighted for both boys - and a tiny, teeny bit envious that Gareths heart problems were so overwhelming, and wishing he had been born nowadays with all the new experts knowledge.

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 17:33:36

aww, that is good news, shabs! I remember you saying, because ds1 was also born with a small hole, which cleared up within days.

{{hugs}}

This thread is not accepting new messages.