D'ya ever wonder where all the other mums of multiples are?

(1000 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:05:26

....or have we scared them all off with our inane chatter and multple moans!

bubby64 Sun 02-Dec-12 19:15:39

Hi all. Our oil was delivered Friday lunchtime! We were so lucky, our usual supplier had another delivery in the village already booked, and they had enough room on board for us to have some as well. Only problem we had was that the pipe was drained and we had to prime the boiler again, luckily DH read up on how to do it, and managed it without us having to call in an expert, which saved us £50!
We have celebrated the boys birthday today instead of on Tuesday, as we thought (rightly) that we would never get them away from their presents. They LOVE them, Mike upstairs dumming as we speak, and James strumming away on his guitar. Grandad came and bought them a cake (a Thomas Tank engine one, DS's dont want their friends to knowgrin)
We will decorate, do cards extra on Tuesday anyway, but the main present opening is out of the way, I have a special cake coming for them, I hope it turns out ok, and if so, I will post photos. Then its on to decorating for Christmas next weekendsmile
Also, got my operation date, 16th January, so going to a pre-op physio appointment Tuesday, and normal Pre-op appointment next Monday. Now getting a bit nervous about the whole thing, as it is now becoming "real" IYSIM.
Trips - we daren't do bird feeders here, as the cats sit on the fench with their knives and forks at the ready if we do, its bad enough when our neighbours fill theirs.

bubby64 Sun 02-Dec-12 19:17:03

That should say Mike is drumming not dumming, hmm I don't know tho....

piximonplus5 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:51:56

Trips sad for Ollie. hmm

Haven't stopped this weekend but seem to have got nothing much done. Took the dcs christmas shopping and managed to squeeze in a cinema trip, but that about sums it up.

Off to plot some mischief for our elf to get up to...

triplets Sun 02-Dec-12 22:47:54

PIXI PIXI PIXI get yersen back here!! We need a reunion, too many have gone astray.......

<<Trips rushes off to do the invitations and hopes Chopster will help with the food............makes note to shampoo the shag pile>>

Morning girls xx

Sokmonsta Mon 03-Dec-12 07:31:47

Morning!brew <to warm the cockles>

Chopstheduck Mon 03-Dec-12 07:42:59

Morning girls x

We had a lovely weekend. Show was fab, bought lots of nice goodies, picked up two bags full of goodies from the people I won the weekend away with, dd and I tried oysters for the first time. Greg was rather tipsy during the show, and very funny! Then afterwards we went off to the pub for a nice meal before back to the hotel for a movie, with lots of chocolate! The hotel was very nice - a rather nice walk around a lake to get to the NEC, and breakfast was lovely.

bubby, glad the boys loved their present, are you going to post some pictures!

Soks, glad things are going a bit better, hope you had a good weekend?

Trips, hmmm food? What shall we have?
I think going to spending most the day in the kitchen today in any case. DH wants indian food, so making various curries, and either a stack of roti (very soft thin, small chapatis) or fresh garlic and corinader naans. Plus I got some flavourings from a cupcake stall at the show, and going to try to make some rhubarb and custard cupcakes! grin

I cant 'do' Christmas. The fookin' tree is so big it is touching the settee Im sat on - I hate it......

BUT I realised last night when Tom got giddy to see the tree, that I am spoiling it for him. He might be 15 but he loves this time of year. I stood in the kitchen washing up and left him and DK to it.

My shoulders are around my ears, my jaw is aching and Im itching all over?????

<<slaps her own face very, very hard>>

Right!!!! Smile has to be pinned on and I have to get involved. I AM FINE, I WILL BE FINE AND I WILL LOVE XMAS....I AM FINE, i WILL BE FINE AND I WILL LOVE XMAS....I AM.............................

bagpuss Mon 03-Dec-12 09:18:58

Morning! Reading and lurking, I haven't much to say but promise I will catch up properly at some point xx

Chops, glad you had a good time with your dd, it sounds fab.

Shabs, we are currently debating where the tree should go. Dh doesn't want one at all hmm.

Chopstheduck Mon 03-Dec-12 09:21:11

We also have tree issues! Dh wants a real one, but I not sure we got the space. Our usual tree is slimline and so fits in a smaller space.

Sokmonsta Mon 03-Dec-12 14:51:49

Better weekend. Shit Monday.

rubyrubyruby Mon 03-Dec-12 15:06:36

Oh Trips - sorry to hear that it probably was your lovely cat sad

Sok - glasses! Cute.

I hate cooking Chops I don't like food much tbh

<<passes Shabs the other end of a cracker>>

<<looks at Rubester and slowly sets light to her end of the cracker>>

bubby64 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:27:00

Boys want a real tree, DH and I dont, I remember the last time we had a real one, and all the needles fell off on Christmas Eve, so there was I, faffing around undecorating the lifeless bunch of twigs, getting the fake one down from the loft and re-decorating that for Christmas morning! I swore this would never happen again!!
Just has M on the phone, yelling down it I have broken his drums! I moved the frame of them out of my way and put it against the wall this morning, now they dont work! Either a lead has come loose (possible) or he had dialled the wrong sound into the drum for when its played, (probable) I have said to leave things alone until after DH gets home to look and see what is wrong, it will be something really simple, I'm sure [fingers crossed emoticom]Considering that set has been in and out of my van, in and out of mums spare room, and in and out of the caravan (where it was hiddden), I cant seee how moving it 2 ft and putting it against a wall has damage it.confused.

Chopstheduck Mon 03-Dec-12 20:34:22

Bubby, that is exactly what I worry about! Hope the drums are ok.

Don't like food shock

Sooo sleepy! Zzzzz.

Chopstheduck Mon 03-Dec-12 21:04:25

Rather late courier has perked me up! Delivered jacks Christmas present - Chelsea ball signed by NINE players! Was only expecting John terry to sign it, so I am very happy - cannot wait to see his face on Xmas day grin

rubyrubyruby Mon 03-Dec-12 21:33:56

The football sounds great Chops.

Hope the drums are ok Bubby!

I don't not like food - I'm just not that bothered by it iykwim. If I'm busy it can easily pass me by, I don't get hungry really and hate feeling full.

Definitely an eat to live person me.

rubyrubyruby Mon 03-Dec-12 21:38:10

We have a real non drop tree every year.

Open the French doors and chuck it out in the garden every January and usually end up taking it up the tip around May time when we get the barbecue out and discover it lurking up the corner grin

<<stuffs singed fingers in a bowl of cold water>>

triplets Mon 03-Dec-12 23:04:40

<<Trips falls into bed..............exhausted after a days shopping with the trio>>
Teachers day off so decided we would have a nice family day out............went up to Stratford Int on the fast train from Dover, left at 8.45am and was outside J Lewis before they opened at 10am! Massive mall, not sure I like that kind of shopping, really prefer a city to mooch about in. Gave the kids some dosh and off went the boys leaving me with dd as dk wanted to "wander". She moaned and groaned and snapped, I got 9 txts from Thomas within an hour asking when lunch was and where lunch was going to be!! Gave up finally and we all met in the food hall, Thomas appp had already been to McDonalds for a burger and to Costa Coffee for a latte!!!! Cost a fortune taking them out, bought them all new jeans each and I managed 25 mins in Waitrose food section...............my treat. Sounds as though you and dd had a fab w/end Chops, I would love to have gone, but dutifully I was out in the freezing cold watching my drummer boy!

Morning girls xx

HMum has a weird status on FB - she is in Vancouver and her husband is in hospital? I hope everything is going to be OK.

Chopstheduck Tue 04-Dec-12 07:42:45

Morning girls x

Just checked that out, shabs - hope he is ok!

I quite liked stratford. been there a few times - once to go swimming at the olympic pool, and once to meet three very nice american football players! grin I love the burritos from the mexican place there.

My fav place for shopping is London's west end though. One the advantages of have a son with disabilities - there are even blue badge spaces outside Harrods! grin

Sokmonsta Tue 04-Dec-12 10:29:42

<puts kettle on, grabs biscuits>

Aw poor HMum. Hope everything is ok.

Glad everyone seems to be slowly sucumbing to the festive spirits

I've been organising and reorganising the house slowly. Am being very ruthless and if it's not been used in a while it's going in the loft. Ready for the post winter clear out up there. Amazes me what we've got up there. Was quite happy to find a brand new set of gloves and hat for Emily that we'd paid 25p for a few years ago. They now fit her smile

Took the twins to clinic yesterday, and bumped into my lovely midwife while I was there (I think she hangs around to see all 'her' babies on clinic days). The babies now weigh just over 18lb (Joshua) and 16lb (Jennifer) at 8 months so they are doing nicely there, despite a refusal to eat while they had pox. Told them the babies were getting glasses, at which there was an audible sigh of relief from them. One of them was going to ask me if I'd noticed anything about Joshua's eyes. This was followed with me telling them how disappointed I was in the male HV I had previously raised it with to get an opthamology appointment, and was told they were too young, and that I had pursued it myself elsewhere!! Needless to say it will be fed back to him that when a mother has previous experience these things need to be followed up sooner than later.

Joshua is doing absolutely fine but the niggling concerns I have had about Jennifer being so much more behind have also been higlighted by the HV (I let her check the babies out before I said anything). I have to make a GP appointmet for her as the HV says there is more movement in her joints than they would expect to see, especially her ankles and may be why she doesnt weight-bear very often at all, or for very long when she does.

We also spoke about James while I was there. I explained we were struggling with him and DH and I were having a conflict of opinion over him (which really isnt helping). I asked if they could visit one day when Pete was at home and that has been arranged for just before christmas. She was a little concerned as it has been raised before and there's been no real change. Oh joys! Still, my little livewire clung to me like a limpet at preschool drop off. He wasn't crying or anything, just asking to go home. Broke my heart but he needs to get used to the new staff there. His key worker was in today and he eventually let go of me when she got the thomas the tank engine toys out for him.

Otherwise I am still feeling the festive mood, got the christmas songs on the music channel, list of ingredients to buy for baking and so on.

Happy festivities to everyone

Sokmonsta Tue 04-Dec-12 10:30:32

Chops how did the rhubarb and custard cupcakes turn out? I need to know!

Chopstheduck Tue 04-Dec-12 12:35:57

sokmonsta, sounds very hectic, but that midwife does sound lovely and glad you are getting things looked at. My Jack has 'more movement' in his joints, along with his various other things - in his case he has hypermobility in the majority of his joints. If it is that, it can slow down development a bit as the muscles need to strengthen to support the lax joints.

Jack didn't walk until around 16 months irrc, but he does have other problems too - low muscle tone and developmental co-ordination disorder which together with the hypermobility which will always cause him some degree of difficulty. He is quite proud of his bendy joints though, and delights at making me feel queasy by bending things the wrong way, or double crossing his legs!

This thread is not accepting new messages.