D'ya ever wonder where all the other mums of multiples are?

(1000 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:05:26

....or have we scared them all off with our inane chatter and multple moans!

<<sits her lardy bum down on the settee>> <<puts her bottle of white cider in the fridge>>

bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 17:04:00

And we wait to see who turns up! <<plopping own large behind down beside Shabs, hopes sofa is sturdy and adding kettle chips and rollmops to the trolley>>

Chopstheduck Thu 04-Oct-12 17:07:19

I guess no one want so share my venison steak with blue cheese sauce then? grin

<<puts white rioja on ice for later>>

<<has second thoughts and pours glass out already>>

This week is dragging and I'm sure it should be Friday by now?! Hey bubby, any news on the car and getting it repaired? Seen the pics on facebook, it's such a beautiful car!

TheMightyRubester Thu 04-Oct-12 22:40:11

Ah

Is this where we are now then?

<<runs finger along sideboard checking for dust>>

triplets Thu 04-Oct-12 23:14:58

Ah ha............this is where you all got to, who said you could take my trolley shock. Now I can tell you where all the other mums of multiples are, they are at home where they should be, looking after their offspring, not flopping on sofas, kicking off shoes onto the shag pile and filling the fridge with wine instead of baby milk? What I am trying to say is, should we not occasionally talk about our multiples? Right, that said here goes...................er.....um............oo I wish I was planning a road trip, we have done one in 91, one in 93 with Matthew and the big one on 2007 with the trio. This was our last one.
San Fran-Modesto-Yosemite-Death Valley (takes 8 hours) Vegas-Williams-Grand Canyon-Sedona-Palm Desert-Anaheim.
Williams is fun, we stayed at The Red Garter Saloon, former bordello, its on route 66. Take the steam train from there to GC, great fun!
After Matthew died Harry and I went over and flew to SF, then over to Saulsilito, then into Sonoma, wine country, lovely. We have also done Lake Tahoe, amazing and gold country around Columbia. Many many happy memories.
What about a MN meet up in San Fran..................wouldn`t that be awesome smile

triplets Thu 04-Oct-12 23:21:04

Also done drive down to LA from San Fran, very pretty, stopped at Hearst Castle, def worth a visit, Monterey, Solvang, Madonna Inn, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, San Diego, Palm Springs and the beautiful stunning Joshua Tree State Park. There isn`t lot you can do in Death Valley, in July/August really is too hot to step out of the car! Just my fav place on earthsmile

shock we have walked almost identical paths around USA.....we were offered work in Santa Barbara, love San Louis Obispo....too weird for words - we rode everywhere on the Greyhound bus - taking care to sit at the front and not with the local nutters at the back grin

triplets Thu 04-Oct-12 23:49:58

what year Shabs? I always sit on the back of the bus grin

Went with my Mam & Dad for a month in 1972 then for two weeks with DK about 1979 and then me and DK lived in Utah for six months in 1980/1981

Chopstheduck Fri 05-Oct-12 06:33:56

<<frantically scribbles notes>>

I don't think we are going to get time to be able to drive the coast ib between sf and la, sadly. I've seen pics on google and it looks stunning. Really could do with about a month there!

I can't find Williams on the map. Only one near SF, not near the canyon. Palm springs is where dh's cousin lives, lucky git!

Dh really wants to go to Lake Tahoe, but we would only have time to visit the south side of it, is it worth it? Seems that all the best bits are further north from my research.

Morning girls xx

triplets Fri 05-Oct-12 15:15:31

Williams is Arizona, we went there from Vegas. I`ll find a link for you for the hotel.

triplets Fri 05-Oct-12 15:17:10
triplets Fri 05-Oct-12 15:21:44

duh...........wrong
www.redgarter.com

triplets Fri 05-Oct-12 23:18:53

<<Trips looks in and wonders why its so tidy, shag pile still fluffy, glasses dried and put away.......hmm wonders if there is another meet up somewhere that she hasn`t been told about............reheats chips from chip shop, leaves homemade shallots, pickled eggs and lashing of bread and butter>>

Morning girls xx

Chopstheduck Sat 06-Oct-12 07:25:47

Morning girls!

Oh that place looks lovely trips.

lovely miserable weather outside and no plans whatsoever for this weekend. It's gonn abe a long one!

bubby64 Sat 06-Oct-12 13:56:41

Hi all - only done NY and the disney areas here, tho would love to do more.
Chops - update on car is that the insurance wrote it off as financially un-repairable, as they got a quote from the accident repairers was for a whopping £17,000shock, but they were not really interested in repairing it and quoted a stupid figure so they wouldn't have to do so. We have had a quote from someone who knows what they are doing with amarican classics for £9,000.
Our insurance states we get the car back for free, and this chap now has the car, and we are waiting for payout from the insurance. They are being awkward, and saying the car is not worrth the insurance value, and we are contesting that at the moment, as we again have had an expert who said it was actually under-insured , not over! The battle continues - insurance companies are quick to take the money and really slow to pay out!!

dawnpreview Sat 06-Oct-12 19:02:17

Can I join you?
I have twins (and wine!)

<<Hovers in the corner, hoping that someone speaks to me>>

KateShmate Sat 06-Oct-12 19:07:10

I have triplets and rarely go many places without them, but the times that I do I nearly always see another mum with triplets! I give the 'knowing' smile, then forget I haven't got my trio so poor mums probably think I'm a total weirdo!

We've got quite a few friends with twins, but none, so far, with triplets!

<<waves to Dawn>> Fancy sharing the wine? grin

dawnpreview Sat 06-Oct-12 20:13:09

As long as you don't mind swigging it out of the bottle Kate! smile

Chigertick Sat 06-Oct-12 20:17:18

Hope you dont mind another newbie - Can I flop on the sofa too? I have 19 month old b/g twins.

GupX Sat 06-Oct-12 20:19:35

Hi (removes fake moustache)

Tis I, ZippysMum.

DTs are now THREE!!!!

Where did those years go????

grin

bubby64 Sat 06-Oct-12 20:39:08

Hi there Dawn, Katies, Tiger and GupX. You are very welcome on here. I am the mum of 11yr old twin boys, and I am sure the others will be here to introduce themselves soon. We tend to talk about our lives with the DC and our lives and families in general. Just sit down for a gossip really.
There have been numerous "D'ya ever wonder" threads,this was the last one

This thread is not accepting new messages.