FML

(2 Posts)
PunkAssMoFo Fri 29-Aug-14 10:30:06

Mmc at 12 weeks mid July & had medical management. It was known that I retained the placenta, but I started to pass it a week later. It was he'll, but thought it was over.

I was never followed up despite positive pregnancy tests & in the end after suspected infection I was scanned. There was still a small amount of placenta. Waited another 2 weeks, it's still there. Was told it would be more medical management, but have now been been booked for ERPC.

Obviously don't want it done, but after 6 weeks need this over. Dh moaning about taking the day off work. Do I cancel & ask for more medical management (still an option, but as it didn't work first time...) or go ahead? It's such a small piece left.

Obviously worried about risks of damage from ERPC and future pregnancies. Anyone had similar experiences? Normal pregnancies after ERPC?

allisgood1 Fri 29-Aug-14 10:42:00

I've had this twice unbelieveably. ERPC is a blind procedure so bits can get left.

I opted for the second procedure both times as I was tired of bleeding and just wanted it over with. With the last one I insisted on them using a camera, which they did.

Following 5 ERPC procedures I had a healthy pregnancy who is now 2 and another one who is now 2 days old smile so yes, it's perfectly possible to have a healthy pregnancy after ERPC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now