Period's after a late miscarriage

(3 Posts)
MrsChocolateCupcake Wed 26-Feb-14 16:33:25

I had a miscarriage at 19 weeks back in december,
I bled for 2/3 weeks afterwards. I then had a light bleed for 4 days mid Jan, I then had a heavy bleed 30th of jan for 4 days and then 4 days ago i started to bleed again its light too medium flow.
I had ovulated and was 6dpo when I started the latest bleed.(I temp so I know I did ovukate)
What I am asking really is it normal for this to happen?
How long did it take for your cycle to return? We would like to ttc again soon.

GandTnow Thu 27-Feb-14 19:16:14

Firstly, so sorry for your loss.

My experience was slightly different in that I had an mmc at 12 week scan. However, I then had a bleed after eprc and then went on to have a normal cycle. About 10 days after that I started to bleed again. After lots of stressing and messing about with crappy GP I saw a consultant and got a scan to check all was clear. The advice seemed to be that this can happen with hormones being all over the place. They offered me the pill for a few months to calm everything down, but like you we would like to ttc soon so said no. Things did calm down soon after but I was left with really bad cramps for a while.

Strangely, all seems to be back to normal again now - just waiting a month to see what happens. Maybe worth a visit to GP to check all is well?
HTH

MrsChocolateCupcake Sat 01-Mar-14 18:19:43

Thank you, will consider going to the GP if I bkeed again soon.
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now