Am I definitely miscarrying?

(94 Posts)

Hi,

I am about 6 weeks, over the weekend had brown mucous discharge, this gradually increased and on Monday was spotting blood.
I had a scan at EPU who saw a heartbeat and said all was well.
However today bleeding has got heavier, like the start of a period, with some small clots.
Feeling pretty despondent, assuming its over. I am going in for a scan tomorrow morning to see what has happened.
Any advice?

Thanks

BigW Tue 21-Jan-14 20:08:36

I don't know, but I didn't want to read and run. Please don't be too despondent, I know people who have had bleeding the whole way through their pregnancy and everything has been fine. Fingers firmly crossed for you. flowers

FlossieTreadlight Tue 21-Jan-14 20:10:03

I'm really sorry you're going through this. Rather unhelpfully I've experienced exactly the same thing twice - one resulted in a MC, the second is upstairs with chickenpox. I really hope you have good news tomorrow x

Thankyou both.
I know I will have to wait for a definitive answer in the morning. Its hard not to Google...

bakingtins Wed 22-Jan-14 10:43:36

Sorry to hear that - it is horrible being in limbo and fearing the worst. I bled for 6 weeks with my DS2, and thought every day I was losing him, but he was fine. I've also had it go the other way sad
I hope you get good news tomorrow.

Thankyou.

Sadly it was not good news. No heartbeat.
Just waiting for the inevitable now.

bakingtins Wed 22-Jan-14 12:32:52

Oh I'm sorry chick sad Hole up with big pads and painkillers ready, wine, chocolate and lots of hugs. Plenty of us here to listen whenever you need us.

FlossieTreadlight Wed 22-Jan-14 15:58:11

I'm so sorry to hear that x

miserywaterfall Wed 22-Jan-14 16:42:58

So sorry to hear your bad news. xx

Thankyou.
I have had quite a lot of heavy bleeding, passing clots and various lumpy bits (!). Also strong period type pain.
Bleeding seems to have subsided a bit now. Could the worst be over or am I just being hopeful?
I was only 6 weeks or so, so not a lot to come away.

BigW Wed 22-Jan-14 21:04:26

I'm so sorry to hear that Chick. Wine, chocolates and hugs, like baking said and we're here if you need us flowers

Sallypeters Thu 23-Jan-14 12:42:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Horsie69 Thu 23-Jan-14 12:46:06

Horsie69 Thu 23-Jan-14 12:46:14

Horsie69 Thu 23-Jan-14 12:46:32

Horsie69 Thu 23-Jan-14 12:46:39

namechangedjustforthis Thu 23-Jan-14 12:55:37

You nasty vile person, how sick can you be! If the hat's how you get your fun you really should see a doctor. . Op I'm so sorry you have lost your baby, and had to read such disgusting replies, it's just awful, take care of yourself xx

allisgood1 Thu 23-Jan-14 13:00:25

Reported Sally and Horsie. Karma will get you smile

So sorry noitsachicken that you're going thru this. At 6 weeks there is quite a lot to come away hmm

Leverette Thu 23-Jan-14 13:04:06

Jesus Christ what is wrong with people?

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 23-Jan-14 13:04:29

Also reported. How ridiculously inconsiderate.

So sorry Op for your miscarriage. I hope you recover soon. Be kind to yourself.

Horsie and Sally - you should be ashamed of yourselves. I hope you are never in the OP's position - and that if you are, you are treated a whole lot better than you have treated her.

ovenbun Thu 23-Jan-14 13:06:35

sad Reported
Sorry to hear your sad news OP xxx

Mycatistoosexy Thu 23-Jan-14 13:06:35

You two, Sally and Horsie, are c

MomeRath Thu 23-Jan-14 13:06:35

Take care of yourself op, a lot of us have been through this and you have our sympathy.

Reported too, you sick people sad

Noitsachicken, so sorry you're going through this. To me it sounds like the worst might be over, and I have my fingers crossed for you that it is. However, if you start losing heavily, please do go and get checked

thanksbrewwinecake Be kind to yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now