2 healthy children and then 3 miscarriages...whats going on?

(3 Posts)
mummyblues Fri 04-Oct-13 00:09:21

I have recently had 3 recurrent miscarriages after 2 healthy DC age 7 and age 4
I am waiting for an appointment at the hospital I have been referred to for infestation (st. Mary's) and Its frustrating having to wait as it will take at least 6 weeks.
What are they likely to find? I hear that many times they cant even find a problem! will they just tell me to take aspirin? is this normal after normal pregnancies?
also I am 39 so that probably doesn't help sad

Bakingtins Fri 04-Oct-13 07:22:14

I had Ds1, MC, DS2 then thought I'd had my bad luck and would be fine TTC DS3 and have had 3 miscarriages in the last year. As in 50% of cases the NHS tests found nothing, but I've since been diagnosed with high NK cells and am being treated with steroids. Come join the recurrent miscarriage thread, lots of us at all stages of testing and trying again. There's also a thread on the conception board about TTC on pred if you want to ask about the reproductive immunology side of it all.

NutcrackerFairy Fri 04-Oct-13 12:32:55

So sorry to hear this sad

No advice but just wanted to say good luck and I hope you find some answers and get pregnant with DC3 really soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now