HCG levels and first period after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
Positivementakattitude Fri 09-Aug-13 10:36:50

Hi bakingtins spoke on another thread prev how you doing ? I am awaiting AF since mc if a 28 day cycle then was due AF yday still no sign as yet I had negative preg test tues week after mc tues 23rd but one before that was the 13th so confused used the cleArblue ovulation and had flashing smily for 8 days and have up then tried one 3 days later and got a blank circle ! I'm thinking I didn't ovulate too although not sure why had high fertility for so long

Chocolate frog and pizza queen so sorry for your losses x

chocolatefrog Thu 08-Aug-13 19:13:38

thanks Baking. I got a negative HPT today so fingers crossed my AF will follow.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 21:19:11

It's taken me 3 weeks each time ( after MC at 8-10 weeks) to get a negative HPT and I've had AF 5 weeks after MC. I don't think I ovulate that cycle. Once you get a negative hopefully not too long until AF.

chocolatefrog Wed 07-Aug-13 20:52:15

Thanks pizza. It's been 3 weeks since ERPC and i'm still getting a faint positive. It's comforting to know it took others a long time for their HCG levels to fall. I didn't realise you could a period so quickly once they reached zero, I'd assumed it would be another month after that for a period.

pizzaqueen Wed 07-Aug-13 19:47:29

yes your levels need to drop before you will ovulate.

everyone's different as to when they get their first period after miscarriage but I got mine 1 week after my hcg levels dropped to 0. but it took 5 weeks from starting bleeding for my hcg to reach 0.

chocolatefrog Wed 07-Aug-13 18:33:14

Do I need to have HCG levels below 5 before my body realises i'm not pregnant and then resumes a normal cycle? Would a period follow on average a month after HCG levels reach zero? Any advice would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now