Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I'm 39 and have PCOS, regular normal periods for a few years. Current period has been normal flow for the last 3 weeks.

(4 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 24-Aug-13 13:57:17

I need to go and see the Doctor next week as wishing it will just stop/go away isn't helping hmm.

Have you any helpful advice as to what this might be?

27cats Sun 25-Aug-13 20:44:34

Can't be much help as I'm older, but didn't want to leave your comment unanswered. I recently had a bleed that went on for around 3 months! When I went to GP she was helpful in terms of referring me as I wanted, but could offer no actual explanation. I'm late 40's and def perimenopausal, but had started having strange cycles for a number of years before, but not as early as 39. Hope your GP is helpful. I believe cholcolate has iron in! cake

SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 21:29:11

Thank you 27cats.

I hope this bleed goes!

missbopeep Mon 26-Aug-13 10:34:26

The usual treatment is progesterone tablets to stop the bleeding but you do need a blood test and possibly an examination by a gynae to check everything out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now