Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Can Bppv vertigo be a symptom of menopause?

(5 Posts)
zozzle Wed 12-Sep-12 21:27:21

Am 40 and have heavy periods one month and light the next as well as bppv. Bppv started 9 mths ago.

I would love to know the answer to this - I have had awful dizziness for a while now.

hoarder Sat 15-Sep-12 20:49:49

I got really bad dizziness and alopecia. Turned out it was due to anaemia due to v heavy periods. Took Ferrograd C for a year and sometimes Spatone liquid, and a year later normal iron levels and no dizziness.

zanz1bar Wed 10-Oct-12 09:58:55

I had Bppv at about the same time as menopause onset as well, that and the hypothyroid it was a nightmare trying to unpick the symptoms and work out what was causing what.
I had forgotten about the Bppv.

lirael Mon 15-Oct-12 16:04:34

Ah, now this is a timely thread for me. Have just started getting bppv again (had it last 27 years ago!) - didn't think it was menopause related but am now thinking again. Am 52 and no periods since April.

Am also very very tired and intermittent blurred vision - worse on the days the dizziness is bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now