When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham / North East Meet Ups - 2012

(963 Posts)
juneybean Mon 19-Dec-11 20:47:17

Hello hello! Here I am with good intentions to behave and show up to some meet ups since I utterly failed in 2011! grin

So we need ideas for daytime meets and of course we must not forget our night time meets wink

[b]Daytime Ideas[/b]
Beamish
Saltwell Park, Gateshead
The Giants Den, Team Valley
Botanic Gardens
Beach (in the summer of course, unless we want airborne children!)

Okay so ideas for January daytime, I think cake is definitely in order so I propose the one that's next to Ebony, the huge place, down some steps, uhh... Slug & Lettuce is it? CAKE!

January night time? Is this something we want to plan? I know we're always poor after Christmas!

juneybean Tue 17-Jul-12 17:35:57

Not your fault! I thoroughly enjoyed myself! grin

VikingLady Wed 18-Jul-12 08:57:37

And I am sorry to everyone who came yesterday. I was fine when I set off to meet up, but by last night I was clearly all disease-y, and this morning I am the snot monster. I really hope I haven't infected you and your dcs!

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 18-Jul-12 13:58:33

Too late verity lol. We're all snot monsters here. Though to be fair, DS has had a cold since the weekend, so you might have caught it off us, was feeling very rough by yesterday evening. DD has got it to and top of her teething we had a pretty rubbish night last night sad

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 18-Jul-12 14:01:31

Before I forget, can't do Mon 30th or Tues 31st for Botanics, forgot I have DD's 9-12mth check on the 31st.
Shall we provisionally say Thursday 2nd?

Thursday 2nd works for me! With any luck I'll be back to eating cake by then...

Indith Thu 19-Jul-12 13:40:29

works for me smile

Indith Sat 21-Jul-12 18:28:47

Thanks indith smile x

Can't do 2nd sad. Tis one of the days that I have to be in work.

Saw a wriggly squiggly person on the monitor at UHND yesterday! EDD from scan agrees with LMP as well, so 03/02 it is!

And told my boss this morning; much less stressful than last time. Now just need to persuade some people to babysit my dissertation students next Spring...

Looking forward to next week!

Indith Tue 24-Jul-12 11:18:14

smile

Yay! always nice to get the first scan out of the way smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 28-Jul-12 22:46:20

Yey!!!

Hope we are still up for the Botanics meet up on Thursday?

VikingLady Sun 29-Jul-12 17:50:11

I am! Am I allowed to bring a friend?

Indith Sun 29-Jul-12 18:37:49

I'll be there!

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sun 29-Jul-12 19:02:31

What time are you meeting on Thursday?

Indith Sun 29-Jul-12 20:38:16

Around 11 I think Beans, can you make it?

IWillOnlyEatBeans Mon 30-Jul-12 08:34:51

I'm looking after my nephews on either Thursday or Friday. I'm seeing my sisters today to work out the details. If I've got them on Friday then I'll definitely be there!

Hi everyone! Found you again!a

Indith Mon 30-Jul-12 08:53:12

Hello SPB! How you doing?

Hope you can make it Beans smile

I'm ok thanks, you? How was your trip?

Indith Mon 30-Jul-12 10:50:24

It was good thanks, dcs had a good time, went to a couple of museums, ate some good food. MIL took the dcs out one afternoon and we went to a lovely little bakery and ate cake in peace in the cafe bit.

IWillOnlyEatBeans Mon 30-Jul-12 15:09:26

Well I am apparently taking my DS and nephews and one of their friends to the Circus on Thursday! I'm not sure whether it's going to be fun or a disaster! Must think positively...

Here's the link in case anyone fancies it...

bigkidcircus.co.uk/events/event/south-shields/

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 01-Aug-12 10:07:20

Aww shame beans!

Viking - yes, the bringing of friends is definitely allowed smile

Indith Wed 01-Aug-12 11:13:46

rather you than me beans!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now