When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Shropshire/Welsh meet up - come on people, you know you want to...

(81 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Fri 01-Jul-11 11:26:48

as discussed in this thread, we shire/border dwellers have been pretty lax about meeting up, so I propose meeting in Shrewsbury on the 19th August. we can have a picnic (if the forecast is good) or go somewhere for coffee or just wander around wearing judgeypants.

if anyone has any other ideas about where and when, please feel free to contribute! the last meet went well (and ds is still smitten with mrsmeow's dd) I think we should do it more often!

OracleInaCoracle Fri 01-Jul-11 12:43:57

shamelessly bumping!

OracleInaCoracle Fri 01-Jul-11 18:51:10

bump

RoyalWelsh Fri 01-Jul-11 18:55:10

I like/can get to Shrewsbury <hopeful>

LinzerTorte Fri 01-Jul-11 18:57:10

Would love to come along - we'll be back in Wales until 20th August, so might just about be able to fit it in!

OracleInaCoracle Fri 01-Jul-11 19:12:23

slightobsession, linzer, that would be lovely!

woollyjo Fri 01-Jul-11 19:16:02

Going camping that day so won't be able to make it - see you next time hopefully!

RoyalWelsh Fri 01-Jul-11 20:46:19

So just us three then! That's ok, all the more cake for us!

There will be cake, won't there. I can't come if there's no cake.

OracleInaCoracle Fri 01-Jul-11 22:56:43

woolyjo, sad next time though, hopefully we can do it a bit more often than every 2 years!

slightobsession, grin I guarantee cake! there are a few more interested (from the thread in local) I have pmed them this one

seeksnewnamewithgsoh Sat 02-Jul-11 13:37:16

I will be there will bells on. And judgeypants in my bag just in case grin And cake. Always cake.

Will forward this to a few others I know.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 03-Jul-11 09:08:12

yay, thank you!

DenyEverything Mon 04-Jul-11 14:32:08

thanks lissielou. I work on Fridays and colleague already off that day but will definitely be up for the next one.

I will be sure to stuff my face full of cakes at my desk in your honour!

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Jul-11 09:03:15

denyeverything, we will try to do it more often, definitely! shame you cantr make it though sad

MrsMeow Tue 05-Jul-11 18:57:54

Where shall we meet this time? Maybe we can try the Quarry again plus a sneaky trip to Lakeland and Paperchase ?

MrsMeow Tue 05-Jul-11 18:58:53

LinzerTorte I'm sure you wanted to come along to last years one didn't you? I recognise the name, would be great if you could make this one!

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Jul-11 18:59:45

mrsm, sounds like a plan!

(dh is bored of lakeland now, I go down there for a day out)

PomBearEnvy Tue 05-Jul-11 19:11:35

I'm in mid Wales. No one wants to meet me sad
Can I gate crash your meet up? smile

If you are picnicing I'll bring cake, pombear crisps and 'nice' ham sarnies. I can be relied on to tut-tut when I see a child drinking a fruitshoot, roll my eyes if we pass a Greggs, remember not to suggest lunch at McDonalds and promise not to helicopter parent my 3 Dc. infact I may have to try not to 'do' benign (sp) parenting

Pretty please?

LinzerTorte Tue 05-Jul-11 19:30:25

You have a good memory MrsMeow! Yes, I missed out on the last meet-up as I'd flown back home a couple of days beforehand.

PomBearEnvy I'm in mid-Wales too (well, my parents are) - whereabouts are you? No one wanted to meet me either when I posted on the Aber thread last year.

MrsMeow Tue 05-Jul-11 20:06:21

LinzerTorte - I thought so! I remembered because your name makes me think of the biscuits grin

PomBearEnvy, come along! I'm the opposite of a helicopter parent (although my DC are older now, so easier) so we should get on well!

PomBearEnvy Tue 05-Jul-11 20:33:09

Yay! thanks, I'm not far from Aber LinzerTorte. Where abouts are your folks? Will you be staying with them for long?

MrsMeow Excellent! Although my Dc are 2/3/7 so you may need your judgey pants, cos I'm pretty lax when it comes to playgrounds, softplay and any kind of out doorish activity smile My motto is generally 'If they can get themselves in/up/around it, they should get themselves out/down/around it' grin

Although saying that I hate bad manners, snotty noses or children running around in cafe/resturants, so I may wedgey myself on that one hehe.

So have you all met up before?

MrsMeow Tue 05-Jul-11 20:46:14

A few of us met up in Shrewsbury last year, but it's taken us this long to get around to sorting another meet out - we're very shit laid back grin

I have a 7 year old as well (and an almost 11 year old) so will be good for him to have more playmates!

LinzerTorte Tue 05-Jul-11 20:54:49

I have a 7 year old too (plus a 9 year old and an almost 5 year old) - I'd love them to have more British playmates, although they're all very quiet when we're out somewhere and usually only warm up about five minutes before we have to leave!

My parents live more or less in Aber itself, PomBear - about 20 minutes' walk from the town centre. I'll be there from 4th to 20th August so we could always have a mini meet-up beforehand if you fancy it. smile

We have all kinds of Linzer things here MrsMeow - Torte is cake, then there are various kinds of biscuits. I shall have to bring some along to the meet-up. smile

OracleInaCoracle Tue 05-Jul-11 21:00:53

ooooh, Im all excited now! ds is 6 and is really excited about this. another who is raising a feral child pretty laid back.

PomBearEnvy Tue 05-Jul-11 22:02:08

LinzerTorte that sounds a great idea! I would love to meet before hand if you find time ( I'm presuming you have to do the boring 'visiting' routine of endless rounds of relatives?)

I'm quite excited at the idea of my gatecrash on your meet getting out of here for the day and meeting up with other lazy parents like minded people!

Sounds as though the children are all of similar ages as well, which is great! Please will you keep me informed of any more detailed plans? thanks!

LinzerTorte Wed 06-Jul-11 09:45:24

I am also a fan of the benign neglect approach. grin

PomBear It would be lovely to meet up in/near Aber while I'm over; I'll PM you. I don't actually have much in the way of family to visit, just one or two old school friends to catch up with, so should have plenty of time. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now