Low carb breakfasts

(8 Posts)
Scarletohello Wed 02-Apr-14 21:40:19

Apologies if this has been done before but I always struggle with breakfast on a low carb diet. What are your favourite breakfast meals please as I can't eat bacon and eggs every day!

gillyginger Wed 02-Apr-14 22:22:13

I always have an omelette every morning with different fillings, cooked in butter or coconut oil, today was spring onion, nice with cream cheese as well,

tinkywinkyshandbag Mon 14-Apr-14 22:08:13

I made some really nice pancakes the other day, they come out thick like american style ones, made with almond flour (loads of recipes on the web). I also like greek yogurt with raspberries but I am more paleo than atkins so some fruit is okay, and today I made these sort of baked egg muffin things, line a muffin tin with ham slices then put some chopped up veggies in and pour beaten egg in then bake. Sort of like a quiche without the crust. Yum.

Doshusallie Mon 14-Apr-14 22:13:31

I either have two hard boiled eggs with salt or Greek yoghurt with berries.

fantasyworld Mon 14-Apr-14 22:21:49

Doesn't porridge count? Please tell me porridge counts.

Doshusallie Mon 14-Apr-14 22:23:28

Porridge is NOT low carb,....it is "good" carbs but Deffo carbs....

RawCoconutMacaroon Mon 14-Apr-14 22:25:34

Usually we have either Parma ham, berries and coffee, or leftovers from the previous night with coffee.

Sometimes I make a frittata and that will last 2 or 3 mornings.

ecuse Mon 14-Apr-14 22:34:14

I really struggle with breakfasts, it's the time of day I most miss carbs and just want a lovely bowl of shreddies or something.

I do greek yog with raspberries (and, whisper it, sometimes a drizzle of honey) or hard boiled eggs, or cold sausages. And this week, for a change, I made some mini frittatas - spinach, applewood cheddar and bacon - which are pretty good. But I'm not normally organised enough for that sort of gubbins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now