Bulletproof coffee

(12 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 04-Feb-14 09:37:44

Please tell me your 'recipe' for bulletproof coffee. I've tried:

just coconut oil (made me feel sick but I might have used too much);

tbsp butter and tsp coconut oil;

tsp coconut oil and a slosh of double cream;

10g butter and 10g coconut oil.

Apart from the first one which was oily for me, they're okay but not that fantastic so I'm wondering what ingredients and proportions other people use.

teaandthorazine Tue 04-Feb-14 09:46:00

Have just started having regular bulletproof coffees. Have experimented a bit (was hmm at the thought of adding butter) but settled on:

tsp coconut oil
tsp butter (salted! but you can't taste it)
small slosh double cream

Actually prefer it with the butter now, it's creamier. I do find I need to keep stirring it though...

Apparently on the bulletproof site they're really, really fussy about the kind of coffee, but I've just been using that Azera stuff. Am definitely not a coffee snob though grin

CynicalandSmug Tue 04-Feb-14 21:45:50

2 tbsp coconut oil, sometimes a tbsp of butter or ghee, and 1 tbsp mct oil. planning to up the mct oil if I can tolerate it.

CynicalandSmug Tue 04-Feb-14 21:47:05

Oh and I blend it rather than stir, much tastier.

NoelOfLorst Wed 05-Feb-14 09:01:34

1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp butter
Half tsp cinnamon
2 tsp coffee (I also use Azera)

Blended.

StuntNun Wed 05-Feb-14 09:11:31

Ooh cinnamon sounds nice. Is Azera a special coffee? I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur so I just use Tesco own brand Columbian ground coffee.

NoelOfLorst Wed 05-Feb-14 11:01:22

No not really, it's an instant grin but a nice instant.

Tbh my thinking is that it's the fat that matters more than the coffee, but no idea if that's 'correct' or not.

Tastes nice though!

StuntNun Wed 05-Feb-14 13:56:20

Next question grin stick blender or liquidiser?

NoelOfLorst Wed 05-Feb-14 15:41:05

I use a stick blender/ cafetiere/ tea towel over the top combo grin

I think I'm going to get one of those nifty little milk frother sticks though, just to save on washing up and mess!

bettybigballs Thu 06-Feb-14 08:46:14

I'm a convert to using cocoa butter rather than coconut. Makes it have a hint of chocolate. Really delicious. Still needs a good whizz in the hand blender though

StuntNun Thu 06-Feb-14 09:17:22

Sounds delish Betty, where do you buy cocoa butter from please?

StuntNun Thu 06-Feb-14 09:36:27

I think I've hit the sweet spot here: 200ml Columbian decaf, 15g unsalted butter and 15g coconut oil done in the blender and it is lush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now