Refusing contact at Christmas.

(7 Posts)
HoolioHallio Fri 16-Nov-12 21:28:57

No contact at all Balia.
Feeling a bit more positive today - have started sowing the seeds about lots of special things to do on Christmas Eve and am going to book a lovely Santa Trip for the weekend before.
He has them for a few hours tomorrow so will see how they are when they come home.

balia Thu 15-Nov-12 21:04:25

God, so awful. Bastard.

Still, I guess at least you can prepare lots of interesting and exciting days - the first Xmas after I split from DD's Dad he (repeatedly) promised her he would be there on Christmas Eve - only to ring me the day before to say he couldn't make it and could I tell her, he would put a present in the post.

Is it worth a shame-inducing email to ask if he understands how distressed the children will be and what a negative impact it will have on his relationship with them?

HoolioHallio Thu 15-Nov-12 20:59:51

Telling together isn't possible - I have an NMO and occupancy order. All communication via my solicitor.
I will tell them and deal with the fall out as usual.

NatashaBee Thu 15-Nov-12 20:16:54

What sockreturningpixie said - that way you can jump in and reassure them you'll still have a nice time, and hopefully your ex won't tell barefaced lies in front of you.

IneedAsockamnesty Thu 15-Nov-12 20:10:35

Make him tell them with you there

corlan Thu 15-Nov-12 19:15:39

You know, he should explain it to them - it's shouldn't be up to you to make excuses for him.

HoolioHallio Thu 15-Nov-12 17:01:30

Because he has 'other commitments' sad

The children are going to be devastated. and I need to tell them soon becasue if left to him, he will tell that that it's because 'mummy won't let me see you on Christmas Day or Boxing Day'

When will this end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now