WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ AND WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW: PART 5!

(1000 Posts)
AngryBeaver Tue 27-Nov-12 09:01:29

Look at us Chatty Cathy's!
Justa oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<breathes>ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
(I'm not sure grin)

justaboutchilledout Sun 17-Feb-13 01:03:31

They kissed us all when we started DS3 at kohanga. DH didn't know what to do with himself.

I shall say "Morena" back to you (so proud of my six words of Te Reo)

AngryBeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 01:44:09

I supressed my laughter until we got in the car!
She was lovely, it just seemde a bit...unprofessional! <may be overthinking and stuffy>

I don't blame dh justa, awkward !!

Well done for trying to learn, I must try too.

The principle said A LOT in Maori, and I didn't have a clue what she was saying < but nodded solemnly> It's the second language in the school and quite a high percentage of pupils identify with an iwi. So, yes, must start trying to get my head around it

vvviola Sun 17-Feb-13 07:31:36

AB - so glad the visit to Waiheke went well. I shall rummage out my old tie-dye skirt and bring my knitting when I come visit. I'm sure I'll blend right in wink

A bit of advance warning: I'm back at Uni in 2 weeks argh panic! and have decided that it's now or never for sorting out DD2's sleep. Which means there may be lots of posts at this time of the night as I sit with her, and/or I may be slightly more grumpy than usual due to even less sleep than normal.

It's at times like this I wish we had the $250 a night (for up to a week) for the fancy "gentle sleep trainer" I saw advertised. grin

Wish me luck!

vvviola Sun 17-Feb-13 07:32:47

Oh AB, I meant to ask - does choosing a school mean you are limited to a certain area on the island? Or is it small enough that you can just pick which school no matter where you live?

AngryBeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 08:45:38

Actually, do you know vvviola, it was a little bit "Boden".
The majority of people looked and dressed as though they weren't short of a bob or two.
Certainly, the women at the park were quite grromed and "yummy mummy-ish".

I felt a right boot. I had been travelling for hours. And ds2 had got my white pants dirty.

There were a few ethnicy outfits around too.

A bit of a mix, really.

Feel free to wear your tie dye skirt!

One of the schools is zoned (the one we want, of course!!) we'll have to see what happens.

You're in a similar position to me re sleeping I think. It's no fun is it?

Ds has just stopped wailing, but will wake and want to get into our bed from around 12am.

thelittlestkiwi Sun 17-Feb-13 08:59:33

We spent a week on Waiheke last summer and it was amazing how different it was during the week. Friday evening- all the bach owners arrived. A lot by their own boats shock

AngryBeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 09:33:32

Yep, I can see that!

Hello you lot. What's the best job search website for NZ jobs these days? Just asking.... smile

WhatSheSaid Sun 17-Feb-13 18:15:03

Hi , the main one is www.seek.co.nz/. Trade Me has a jobs section too.

justaboutchilledout Sun 17-Feb-13 20:49:47

Can I just revisit a subject from umpteen threads ago - where can you get cheap decent bras for a large-in-the-bust lady?

I need a new sports bra.

AngryBeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 22:15:11

like the name fanny, made me titter childishly (doesn't take much,tbh)

I think lolly found somewher, justa. Didn't take much notice as I was living here. I will listen this time though!!!

AngryBeaver Sun 17-Feb-13 22:29:01

Sorry, living there.

Dh just told me he has 3 weeks on Thurs left at work....eek, it's really happening!

WhatSheSaid Sun 17-Feb-13 23:23:30

justabout, maybe a big branch of Farmers next time they have a sale? They have sales a lot at Farmers now.

thelittlestkiwi Sun 17-Feb-13 23:51:16

Sadly I don't have the large bust problem envy but I love Bendon for bra's. Wait for a sale if you can. Or get fitted in a shop - there is one at Newmarket and Albany I think- then buy at a Farmers sale.

frikonastick Mon 18-Feb-13 03:01:04

Well, it's day 4 and so far we have hired a car and seen one rental (thumbs down) 3 more to see tomorrow morning. So, we are getting organized! I also got a 3G thing for the iPad so dire motel Internet is now sorted out. I have been shopping at the warehouse and countdown so am now officially a kiwi. DD has also been to the doctors already (whooping cough) and we were super impressed with the $10 bill! I am still feeling quite strange though, it's just we hav been waiting to get here for so long, and now we are, I feel weirdly like, we'll, what's next then! IYKWIM.

lollystix Mon 18-Feb-13 06:19:53

Hi - try avocado on Nuffield street - right at end of it. Not cheap though. Uk brands for 2x price.

justaboutchilledout Mon 18-Feb-13 06:24:52

oh dear, yes I know avokado. Was hoping for somewhere a bit cheaper. But I'll look into Bendons and wait for a sale.

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 07:45:21

Hi frick! You need to go to Briscoe's, that is very kiwi! How old is dd (hope she is feeling better) Our dr's don't charge us for kids. But $10 still good if they do charge.

Hope your rentals are more impressive tomorrow.

We are having trouble too.

Although, I ahve just seen on the waiheke fb page that a woman was having a huge house clearance. I asked her if she was leaving Waiheke, was she renting her house...she said yes! BUT, she described said house and I doubt it will be in our price range!...hmmmm

justaboutchilledout Mon 18-Feb-13 08:04:28

Just had a brainwave, and Tescos online do good quality sports bras IN MY SIZE. And they have free international delivery over £50. smile

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 08:08:20

'ray! There you go then, bish bash bosh smile

HermioneHatesHoovering Mon 18-Feb-13 08:33:28

Bendon outlet shop at Silverdale is very good, price and measuring wise.

justaboutchilledout Mon 18-Feb-13 08:39:12

I might pop up there next time. But for the time being I have gone back to my Tesco roots...

thelittlestkiwi Mon 18-Feb-13 09:26:04

Three messages to go! The last thread ended on nits, this one on bra's!

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 09:54:07

Let's say rude things!

AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 09:54:43

I am SOOOOO childish, sorry. blush <hangs head>

This thread is not accepting new messages.