Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Financial settlement

(4 Posts)
Susy12345 Sun 31-Jul-16 23:33:26

Without going into too much detail I would like to know my position in this matter and if I have a case to persue.

Ex transferred 2 properties to his family members during his first separation/divorce in 2007.

Another property was brought by ex in his sisters name (also in 2007).

I have official land registry papers for these properties, would these be sufficient evidence to use in the matrimonial pot for financial settlement in court?

I believe there are more properties transferred out but these are unknown to me.

I suspect he receives rental income as and when required.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Susy

Roz44 Tue 02-Aug-16 07:56:44

You would need to show he has some sort of interest in the properties. I assume that it can be shown that he paid for the properties . It will be a matter of evidence 、.

Susy12345 Fri 05-Aug-16 08:15:47

Thank you. Can I request that he shows his past bank statements? Would this be sufficient evidence.

Can he in return ask me to show my statements?

babybarrister Fri 05-Aug-16 08:23:49

you also need to get him to sign a PN1 and if he refuses then ask the court to order it - this is the form to do a search of the land registry so you can at least find out what properties are in his name ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now