Anyone tried Letrozole / Femara during IVF? Advice please.

(1 Post)
Shellster52 Wed 20-Nov-13 02:27:59

I am 36 and about to undergo my 3rd round of IVF.

Round one I took 200IU of Puregon to which I responded very poorly and only got two mature follicles and only one egg (they forgot the other one!!!!) Round two, I did the estrogen priming protocol after reading it was good for poor responders. I also took a combination of Puregon and Menopur. This time I got 5 eggs. A poor response for the average person but much better than my first round. Of the 5, 4 eggs were mature and injected with sperm, 3 fertilised and two made it to day two transfer but they didn't take. I was told they were still at the two cell stage where as they like to see them at 4 cells by day two so perhaps that is the reason.

Anyway, my period is arriving tomorrow and I am starting IVF round 3. I plan to do the same protocol as round two seeing as it worked much better than round one, but I really want more eggs this round to up my chances so I am adding Letrozole / Femara into the mix.

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this medication throughout IVF as there are not many experiences with it on the internet. I would also like to know what days you took it. I have been told to take it from day 2 to 6, but the one story I did read on the internet said that she stopped taking it day 5 (so I assume she started it on day one?) and she got lots more eggs than usual so perhaps I should start it on day one?

Thanks for any replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now