any experiences of CARE Manchester or Manchester Fertility?

(7 Posts)
bearsarah Sun 03-Nov-13 13:22:55

Hi I'm looking into going private and these seem to be the only two near me. Does anyone have any experience of either?

KosherBacon Sun 03-Nov-13 14:25:02

I had treatment at Care. They are a baby making factory where personalised care doesn't matter. We had one successful cycle.

givemeaclue Sun 03-Nov-13 14:28:50

Had treatment at care although not in Manchester. They were fantastic, now have two children.

bearsarah Sun 03-Nov-13 17:36:47

I'm trying to get away from the impersonal experience I've had with the NHS. Anyone know if Manchester fertility is any better?

KosherBacon Sun 03-Nov-13 20:50:10

BearSarah- I have friends who loved Care and thought it was miles better than St Marys- maybe I just had a bad experience. Prof Lieberman at MFS is meant to be lovely.

rabbitonthemoon Tue 05-Nov-13 12:02:32

My current experience (whilst not going very well due to my eggs) is that the majority of staff at care Manc are caring, givers of time and genuinely interested in me. My nhs fertility experience was horrendous and being at Care has shown me just how awful my previous treatment really was. It can be busy and can feel production line ish sometimes but often it is quiet and calm. This is just my experience so far. I guess they are a business at the end if the day but I will continue to go there until I get pregnant (please) or draw a line.

Gemoh Sat 30-Nov-13 22:30:36

Hi Bearsarah and all of you,

I'm in a similar position. I have had lots of tests done at St Mary's and have been sent an appointment to see the consultant in Jan. but I've read that at CARE they have a brand new technique involving time lapse imaging which means they don't have to take the embryos out of the incubator to examine them? I read it increases success rates. As we only get one NHS try in our postcode lottery obviously I want the best chances.

Also st Mary's tend to only put one embryo in while private clinics will be happier to put in two -

But I have heard mixed things about all three places!

Does anyone have anything to add?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now