difference between gonal f and menopur? (ivf)

(3 Posts)
blondebaby111 Wed 01-May-13 19:16:13

thankyou Adakate. i must admit it does look easier, with menopur i had to mix solution then had a syringe to inject so was quite fiddly. I was just worried about side effects, glad you found it ok and didn't have any smile

AdaKate Sun 28-Apr-13 13:44:14

Hi....I have no experience of menopur I used gonal F. Found it very easy to inject - prefilled pen - no mixing. Hardly felt the needle, very fine. No side effects at all. A real doddle.

Why they would change the drug when you seem to have responded well to the menopur I really don't know, but they obviously think it's the best route for you.

Good luck and I'm sure you will be just fine. smile

blondebaby111 Tue 23-Apr-13 09:40:13

I'm just about to start ivf round two and so very very relaxed about it all this time as I know what to expect.
However, I've just read my drug sheet and this time they have changed my injections from menopur to gonal f with a higher dose. This has made me a little unsure as to why and is there much difference. Last time they got six eggs from me and 5 of those fertized, I know it failed but I was very very lucky not to have many side effects with menopur and I guess I'm just wary in case this time I'm not so lucky.
Anyone have any experiences of gonal f?? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now