For all of you who don't understand the disgust with the Daily Mail...

(854 Posts)
Spero Thu 02-Jan-14 17:57:27

I have just been told they have published an article about John Hemming in which they name me. Both my real name and my user name.

Luckily for me I don't care. Luckily for me I decided long ago I would never put anything on line that I would be ashamed/upset/frightened for anyone else to read.

But for lots of people this would be a complete and utter disaster. People post really personal and sensitive stuff on this site about the worst times of their lives, looking for help and support. They must know that.

Note that they never bothered contacting me to find out which category I fell into.

So if anyone wants to start another wide eyed innocent thread - o I just don't understand why you all hate the Daily Mail so much!

Does this kind of thing help you understand a little more?

I will link to the scum bags but only because I hope people might leave some 'helpful' comments about JH.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532649/MP-John-Hemming-banned-Mumsnet-posting-Italian-woman-forced-courts-caesarean.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

They really are ridiculous Spero sad

timidviper Thu 02-Jan-14 18:01:13

That is disgusting Spero. Is there anyone to complain to who might listen or do anything?

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 02-Jan-14 18:02:28

Can't you take action against them somehow?

I'm sure that you have thought of that though.

angry

Spero Thu 02-Jan-14 18:02:55

I will google Press Complaints. I ought to have some remedy. It is just not 'on' to do this to people, at least not without checking if they are ok with it.

Whatfun Thu 02-Jan-14 18:04:09

They are a disgusting comic.

HermioneWeasley Thu 02-Jan-14 18:05:03

Well, there are so many reasons to dislike them, but it cannot believe they named you Spero. That is outrageous.

LostInWales Thu 02-Jan-14 18:06:18

Utterly appalling that they did this. I will never buy or click on a link to that rag <spits>.

DoctorDonnaNoble Thu 02-Jan-14 18:06:24

They just get worse don't they!

PortofinoRevisited Belgium Thu 02-Jan-14 18:06:28

That really is outrageous! angry Bunch of cunts.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Thu 02-Jan-14 18:06:45

shock

That's awful, Spero

Tiredemma Thu 02-Jan-14 18:06:50

They are a rag used for wiping shit off shoes.

Oh my word. That's terrible of them. Why print your name and username when they could have just alluded to JH outing you? They've taken it one step further!

BitOutOfPractice Netherlands Thu 02-Jan-14 18:07:36

Oh bloody hell Spero that's disgusting

I hope you can get some redress

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 02-Jan-14 18:08:36

Knowing that's what he got banned for, and why it matters, they go ahead and print it anyway!

Without contacting you first.

Unbelievable angry

PedlarsSpanner Thu 02-Jan-14 18:09:11

Omg Spero

shower of shites

Well they're a hate filled rag and he's an exceptionally unpleasant man. It's a match made in heaven, but that doesn't excuse it.

DharmaLovesDraco Thu 02-Jan-14 18:14:49

I'm a lurker more than anything but I'm de-lurking to register my absolute fucking outrage that they have done this to you. I've read most of the JH stuff too, the man is a twat and I don't understand how he has gotten away with what he has either.

Sorry that you are having to deal with this shower of shite though

DrankSangriaInThePark Spain Thu 02-Jan-14 18:14:56

More flowers for Spero.

HectorVector Thu 02-Jan-14 18:16:41

Hmmm a quick search of your posting history (2009) and you name yourself and provide your email address so this is probably how they found you. But at the same time I'm not sure they should name you without notifying you first. But I'm afraid I have no idea what the law is regarding this, but you're in a good position to find out.
sad

That's disgusting, though unsurprising. flowers

DoubleLifeIsALifeOfSorts Thu 02-Jan-14 18:17:59

I'm not sure who is worse, daily mail or John hemming. Both disgusting.

Spero Thu 02-Jan-14 18:18:03

No, they found me because John Hemming named me on his blog.

clangermum Thu 02-Jan-14 18:18:14

That's terrible Spero

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now