Frack in the Desolate North East

(29 Posts)
NotYoMomma Tue 30-Jul-13 14:32:16

I despair - I really do.

No wonder we are all bloody Labour angry

ParsingFancy Thu 01-Aug-13 17:24:34

And if the price of hydrocarbons doesn't justify the cost of extraction without tax breaks, why are we extracting them now? They'll still be there in 20 years if there's a shortage and the price goes up.

It's not like oil companies are garage start-ups without a penny to invest in development, who need help during the lead time before extraction comes onstream.

ParsingFancy Thu 01-Aug-13 17:25:59

^ Genuine Qs.

If someone can explain the economic case for tax breaks, I'd be really interested.

frazzled1772 Thu 01-Aug-13 23:28:00

I don't know about the economic case for tax breaks - Lord Browne recently appointed to the cabinet by West Sussex MP Frances Maude holds a 30% share in Cuadrilla, the company currently exploring here in Sussex and Lancashire. Ben Moxham - special government advisor and Baroness Hogg -amongst others have connections either to Cuadrilla or the oil industry. That might have something to do with the tax breaks...just a thought

MaryPoppinsBag Sat 10-Aug-13 11:48:40

I've just found out they intend to start Fracking to the north and south of my village. Don't know where yet as exact locations have not been given.
I'm in what could be described as the desolate north east. Residents in my township are worried and annoyed as it seems to have been given the go ahead without any consultation and it is to happen quite soon. hmmhmmhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now