OMG I am shocked .Lostprophets

(149 Posts)
threesocksfullofchocs Wed 19-Dec-12 11:26:02

That is beyond grim sad

2012 appears to be the year of the paedophile

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Wed 19-Dec-12 23:53:33

i dont understand that comment goths

what do you mean? they've always existed.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 19-Dec-12 23:56:37

I think she means that they are all coming out.

Look at the amount of paedophiles that have been in the news in just the past couple of months.

BertieBotts Thu 20-Dec-12 00:06:19

I agree with MsFanacker. It is shocking, not because it's a "nice young man", but because he is so well-known and the band is, too.

I suppose it's also surprising because he doesn't come across as a sleaze like some popular artists do. But then of course that isn't always the way, at all. I suppose though because of our culture it's easier for a "sleaze" kind of character to get away with lusting after 14/15 year old girls because "she wanted it" or "she looked older" etc.

Yuck.

Santa Because it seems to be in the news every single day this year

NigellaLawless Thu 20-Dec-12 00:08:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:10:50

well that can only be a good thing that they are being caught more this year than in previous years. they existed last year as much as this year. if it's been in the news more this year it's because they are being caught, reported etc. thank goodness.

NigellaLawless Thu 20-Dec-12 00:10:59

Goths that doesn't make it the year of the paedophile, but the year of increased awareness and investigation!

NigellaLawless Thu 20-Dec-12 00:12:06

Cross posted with Santa

"well that can only be a good thing that they are being caught more this year"

Agreed.

My point is that, when people look back on this year the things that are likely to stick in the memory will be that so many paedophiles were named this year.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:14:22

do you mean celebrity peadohiles?

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:15:15

sorry that's a horribly phrased term. i mean do you mean this year will be associated with the outing of paedophiles who are/were famous?

It does seem to be mostly "famous" ones this year, but I've definitely noticed more paedophile news stories in general this year.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:23:44

really? i cant say i have but i try to avoid the news TBH. i dont watch any or buy any papers. if i do hear any news it's because i've seen it here or on fb or someone in RL has mentioned it to me. i dont think i could recall a single paedophile story of this year that wasn't jimmy saville related. that's just being honest but obviously, i dont watch news so wont have seen them all.

Ah fair enough. Wishing I hadn't read the news much this year. It's been pretty grim when isn't it I guess

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:25:23

but i am very glad there are more being reported and caught. i doubt it's an increase in paedophilia, just more awareness and less tolerance/doubt about reporting, hopefully.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 00:28:05

it is grim. i know it's a very selfish attitude but i choose the 'ignorance is bliss' method when it comes to the news. there are lots of things i dont need to hear. i know how that might sound but i really do dwell on things like that and they affect how i am with my dcs so i just prefer not to expose myself to it. i know the victims dont get a choice an how lucky i am that i can choose but i've been there as a child and dont need to relive it every evening in the news.

wannaBe Thu 20-Dec-12 00:44:53

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FlourFace Thu 20-Dec-12 01:14:26

What's MN HQ'a thoughts on threads like this? My understanding was that comment like this while legal proceedings are active is illegal.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 01:26:20

comments like what?

TenPercenter Thu 20-Dec-12 02:54:23

TenPercenter Thu 20-Dec-12 02:58:08

Oh shut up flourface of course it is not illegal to discuss things that are now in the public domain. People like you do my nut in, always wanting authority to shut discussions down ,tut.

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 03:13:22

SantaIAmSoFuckingRock Thu 20-Dec-12 03:15:39

and yes i'm really struggling with the idea that someone would 'conspire to rape a 1 year old'. i mean how does that conversation even go? i dont actually want to know, i'm just finding it really difficult to imagine that taking place as if it's a normal thing to 'arrange' or want to do. sorry i'll shut up now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now