ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

5 yr old girl "snatched" in Wales

(535 Posts)
mumblechum1 Tue 02-Oct-12 04:38:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

Let's all keep our eyes peeled sad

Lizzylou Tue 02-Oct-12 18:15:50

Is anyone familiar with Machynlleth and the area? It is a sleepy, "safe" place. Hardly the bloody Bronx! The only person at fault is the person who snatched that little girl.

ShellyBoobs Tue 02-Oct-12 18:20:05

Let's hope that the care and compassion being shown by the many hundreds of volunteers helping in the search is repaid with a positive outcome.

Her poor parents must be going through hell and I can't even imagine what little April is going through.

Thoughts and prayers are with them all.

sad

LtEveDallas Tue 02-Oct-12 18:23:32

DD used to play out all the time at age 5 (she still does now). I didn't supervise her constantly, just checked on her now and then. If you live in a 'safe' place (as I have heard this place is), you don't worry about it.

I hope she is found safe and well.

I really hope she's found safe and well, poor little love.
It brought a tear to my eye when I saw her photo, my DD is almost 5 and I honestly can't imagine what her parents are going through sad

Growlithe Tue 02-Oct-12 18:25:52

Some horrible stuff has been said on this thread. Sadly I don't think it's been by trolls. I think it's been by parents. sad

drummerswife Tue 02-Oct-12 18:28:18

i know machynlleth as we use a friends holiday home near there
i also have a schoolfriend who lives there and who is helping with the search.it is a lovely area and i would feel happy letting my dd play outside there.
hoping april is found safe x

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 02-Oct-12 18:30:53

Please stop attributing blame and picking apart what posters have been saying. Unless I've missed a news update, April is still missing and it's all I can do not to burst into tears when I look at my own 5yr Old DD and imagine how absolutely bloody terrified she'd be without me or DH sad

margerykemp Tue 02-Oct-12 18:31:13

they are searching a river now sad

MOSagain Tue 02-Oct-12 18:32:51

I don't think horrible stuff was said intentionally, people were just I believe expressing their concern and perhaps suprise that she was out so late.
Like everyone else, praying for her safe return.

SheppySheepdog Tue 02-Oct-12 18:37:53

Worst nightmare scenario, I actually feel sick. There are some evil bastards in this world.

RubixCube Tue 02-Oct-12 18:38:36

Its a parents worst nightmare.I remember when my boy of 3 at the time done a runner in a shop.Id only turned around for a second and he was completely gone.I felt physically sick and was crying as i could not find him any where.I'd seen him starting to walk out the doors holding the hands of two women.I shouted out his name and he ungripped them and run to me.Horrifying experience

hellymelly Tue 02-Oct-12 18:38:59

I live in a similar area and I leave my door unlocked too. Safety of children playing out is generally more to do with lack of traffic and safety in numbers than whether its the town or a country. Lots of children played out in the estates near to where I lived in North London, there were a lot of them of all ages, much like when I was a child. And yet country dwellers might think letting a child play out in london is madness. (cctv everywhere though, and lots of people about, so actually as safe as you are going to get anywhere). Impossible to judge how an area feels unless you live there.
I hope she is found safe asap, poor little girl.

The only person in the wrong here is whoever has taken her. My heart goes out to April and her family, what a godawful thing for them to be going through.

lovechoc Tue 02-Oct-12 19:01:17

I was a bit hmm as to why a 5yo was playing outside at 7pm in October. My 5yo is in bed at this time! There's no way he'd be outside playing at that time! For a start, parents need some peace and quiet to themselves come 7pm.

Really hope she is found soon. Cannot stop thinking about this since I heard it on the radio yesterday at 5pm.

lovechoc Tue 02-Oct-12 19:04:04

"It's cruel to try and twist her wording."

Happens a lot on MN, I'm afraid.

usualsuspect3 Tue 02-Oct-12 19:52:05

No need for anyone to twist your words, lovechoc.

avenueone Tue 02-Oct-12 19:57:56

as darkness falls and they start to search a river I feel this may not have a happy ending but I pray it does. It sounds like the poor lamb has got into the van of someone she knew.
What those parents must be feeling god only knows - I pray to god she is safe.

HerOffTheInternet Tue 02-Oct-12 19:59:48

<updates shit list>

some of the parent-blaming i've seen over this is stomach-churning

Tuttutitlookslikerain Tue 02-Oct-12 20:01:21

I don't see why anyone is hmm about a 5yo playing out at 7pm. It wouldn't be dark in West Wales at that time, my DC were never in bed at 7pm when they were 5. Different strokes for different folks and all that!

The only person people should be judging ad picking apart is the nasty bastard who has taken this gorgeous little girl away from her family.

I hope and pray she is found soon. Poor little lamb must be so scared.

MrFlibble Tue 02-Oct-12 20:02:14

How could you of heard at 5pm yesterday lovechoc? She went missing after that time.

Fishwife1949 Tue 02-Oct-12 20:16:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

usualsuspect3 Tue 02-Oct-12 20:19:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

scottishmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 20:21:41

the only irrefutable fact is wee girl missing
anything else speculation
some mn ghouls love to cast aspersions about parents eg McCann threads,and here

Growlithe Tue 02-Oct-12 20:24:36

But Fishwife, you and your mummy mates are throwing accusations at the named parents. Surely that's out of order too?

Tweet2tweet Tue 02-Oct-12 20:36:05

A lovely little girl has gone missing, it's cold and dark and she is all on her own. She wants her mummy, daddy, sister and brother to come and find her and they can do nothing to help her.

Imagine how that feels, imagine how that will be tearing her family a part.

Perhaps everyone should just focus on sending postive thoughts to wee April and to that poor, poor family going through what must be a living hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now