peppa pig makes children naughty

(182 Posts)
medjool Mon 09-Jan-12 01:47:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2084021/Is-Peppa-Pig-making-toddlers-naughty-Parents-despair-children-copy-cartoon-answering-back.html

ToSh!

KatoPotato Fri 06-Sep-13 15:51:13

OFFS... well spotted.

WandaDoff Fri 06-Sep-13 15:50:10

FFS its a zombie thread.

I was nodding my head away agreeing with it til I came across one of StrandedBears deleted posts.

KatoPotato Fri 06-Sep-13 15:40:54

Any family who end the day all on their backs laughing (they literally ROFL don't they!) are all right by me!

But then DS likes Thomas... 'Cinders and ashes mummy! you are causing confusion and delay!'

Total balls. Peppa Pig is brilliant. I love the episode where they go to the gym and the voiceover man says something about all the grown ups having lots of fun at the gym, and Mummy Pig, Miss Rabbit et al are all looking totally strained on their exercise bikes.

I also don't understand what the big deal is about Grandpa Pig saying "Silly old bird". Silly isn't a bad word, and a lot of children will regularly hear actual bad language which is far more concerning to me. I wouldn't be fussed if DS called something silly. I would be if he copied DN saying "fucks sake" at DSILs dogs.

Olly20 Fri 06-Sep-13 01:18:42

I hate peppa pig as much as the next mum ! Bt if you all think she is such a bad influence then you will just have to be patient and get your peppa pig fix after the little piggies go to bed !

flatpackhamster Fri 05-Jul-13 11:37:12

mish1986
Anyone else a bit upset that Peppa Pig teaches kids that spiders cant hurt them and that they can pick up spiders...this is ridiculous as I am always teaching my kids NOT to pick them up!!

Why do you teach them that? Do you live in a part of the world where there are venomous spiders? If you don't want your child to be brought up by a TV programme, don't let them watch it.

mish1986 Fri 05-Jul-13 00:42:06

Anyone else a bit upset that Peppa Pig teaches kids that spiders cant hurt them and that they can pick up spiders...this is ridiculous as I am always teaching my kids NOT to pick them up!!

georgeanna Wed 02-Jan-13 15:07:30

My toddlers name is George - I have been amazed at the amount of other children, usually slightly older and girls that have shouted at him "NO GEORGE! etc etc..." in a pretty horrible voice . I began to realise they were mimicking Peppa pig and the way that she treats her younger brother.
This has been a bit of a shame.

Zombie thread!

I take it no child ever said YUK! independently pre-PP?

thunksheadontable Tue 06-Nov-12 08:39:20

I haven't read the whole thread and can see it's an old one but I do wonder a bit. Isn't there some study about "relational aggression" being picked up on in these shows? I like lots of Peppa but I do hate the way she says things are BOOOORING so much e.g. "you can make up any story as long as it's not BOOOORING" - ds started using this word a lot after watching Peppa and it's not an attitude I like in a 2 year old!

Love the muddy puddles though. We had half-term in Wales and there were the most glorious ones and we all had our wellies and had a great time jumping in them!

cory Mon 05-Nov-12 08:59:11

We didn't even have a telly when dd was little, so clearly she must have been a very well behaved child, never jumped in muddy puddles and never, ever answered back ... hmm

In fact, such behaviour did not exist before 2004, the age group in question being referred to in general parlance as the Deferential Two's and the Submissive Three's.

SkipTheLightFanjango Mon 05-Nov-12 00:42:07

marieantoinette97 take a chill pill..thread ended in January. smile

marieantionette97 Mon 05-Nov-12 00:30:41

babez chill your farms, its a tv show, go get a life peace nigz ex oh ex oh gossip gurl

Mummyof4angels Thu 26-Jan-12 12:54:23

Sorry i think my message has gone on the wrong thread :s ooops lol there was a similar discussion with parents but they were really putting pp down i'll go and hide now lol...........

Mummyof4angels Thu 26-Jan-12 12:49:06

I was in absolute shock when i heard this on TV! Parents that like to blame anything and anyone on their naughty child's behaviour? -I have one thing to say- Don't have it on TV then!!!! Get your lazy asses off chat sites like this and manage what your child watches! END OF! Peppa Pig is a fantastic child's programme I even get into it myself! Parents that blame TV/others really need to look in the mirror! I have 4 children and always manage what my children watch. Maybe also these parents don't understand their own children!- Children of all ages love splashing in muddy puddles whether they watch Peppa or not and part of child hood is to test and learn what we can and can't get away with in life!!!- These parents that "blame" must have had a very harsh/ boring/ serious/ deprived up bringing. Or maybe they just have nothing better to do with their time! Get a job! Complete sad acts! Or if you don't like the world we live in don't have any more kids! -simples- :p

Emmielu Sat 21-Jan-12 20:22:01

I think my dad, brother & sisters boyfriend are making DD naughty. She's always going on about farts burps bums poops wee pants. Don't get me started on the songs!!

stookie Wed 18-Jan-12 16:08:08

I think Hitler was Peppa Pig

stookie Wed 18-Jan-12 16:07:21

Wow.. you guys have been forced to watch too much children's TV i think. Do you really think that Peppa Pig makes kids naughty? if it was a pig who did acted like a robot who did nothing funny or naughty I'm sure you would all be here talking about - Peppa Pig is not like any little girl i know, she should be naughty and more entertaining to kids. NO?

HavePatience Mon 16-Jan-12 07:57:19

I haven't seen that one. I'm also not originally from the UK. Is silly a naughty word here? confusedblush

goodasgold Sun 15-Jan-12 19:08:16

HavePatience The final straw was where they are stuck on the boat and Grandad Pig calls the parrot a 'silly old bird'. The parrot then repeats this a lot.

Ode2Joy Sat 14-Jan-12 13:26:17

I don't let my kids watch PP mainly because in every episode daddy pig is seen to be a buffoon, always followed by a scathing 'silly daddy' by the rest of the family : @

KTsmum Fri 13-Jan-12 22:26:35

Generally I think you could do a lot worse than PP, but a few things do drive me nuts, a few of which have been mentioned before - the best friend thing, the jumping in muddy puddles (though to be fair we all shout "you must wear your boots!!") and the blowing raspberries... ooh, it drives me nuts!

HavePatience Fri 13-Jan-12 15:28:17

I'm just curious goodasgold as to what language you didn't like?

Gigondas Fri 13-Jan-12 12:24:51

Daily mail journos may want to stop surfing mumsnet/other sites/twitter for stories.
Fair enough sometimes you get same story across the media but mail doesn't seem to bother putting any kind of interpretation/research on it.

prozacpopsie Fri 13-Jan-12 12:22:17

Daily Main in middle-class angst moral rant (snore). Daily Mail steals thread from Mumsnet (again) on slow news day (snore).

I heard that Hitler used to watch Peppa Pig. It's true. The Daily Mail said it.

My fave PP episode is where Daddy Pig 'finds' the ducks in the fog, by falling into the pond. Peppa says well done (or something) and Daddy Pig says, dripping with sarcasm, "Yes, what a stroke of luck". This phrase has entered our household lexicon - we couldn't live without it.

What bothers me about the DM (among many other things) is that they end up blaming parents for doing something (anything). Could they just give us a bluddy break? We're doing our best and kids act up - that's their job, get over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now