Amanda Knox

(670 Posts)
LadyBeagleEyes Fri 23-Sep-11 17:16:45

Her appeal is being heard at the moment, and there is a good chance she'll be freed.
So who did kill Meredith?
If she and her ex boyfriend are deemed innocent, I hope the Italian police will continue to look into the case and get some justice for her.
I don't understand why they say the DNA is flawed, or have Knox's parents just managed to hire some very smart lawyers?
It's such a sad case.

DuelingFanjo Thu 06-Oct-11 21:12:33

the room where the window was broken was not hugely messy or disrupted. Look at the photos. There was glass inside and outside, there were rocks on top of bags which apparently meant that the break in was staged. It looks like it could have just been a break in, or it could have been staged but by Guede.

That part of it is really insignificant compared to the Guede DNA all over the room where the murder took place.

pickledsiblings Thu 06-Oct-11 21:16:34

ak told other housemate that she had tried meredith on both phones iirc

what doesn't add up is rg committing murder on the back of a burglary and ever imagining he would get away with it so ak/rs staging a break in makes sure that he gets caught

pickledsiblings Thu 06-Oct-11 21:18:22

df, of course rg was there, not debating that, just the possibility that he was not alone

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 21:20:33

eh? RG's dna was all over the place. AK/RS never implicated him - EVER. The police identified him through a bloody handprint under the body several weeks in.

pickledsiblings Thu 06-Oct-11 21:21:04

the break in seemed difficult to prove on a number of levels - shutters closed/height of window/lack of marks on wall, again iirc

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 21:21:39

It is indeed possible that he was not alone. But there is absolutely NO evidence to show that anyone else was there.

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 21:22:54

The defence showed it was possible to break in in a way that fitted with the evidence.

DuelingFanjo Thu 06-Oct-11 21:23:35

plus the phone issue - why go to the trouble of having a phone for use in Italy if everyone is going to still call your uk one? maybe Amanda phoned the phone she knew Meredith would be getting calls on!

BupcakesandCunting Thu 06-Oct-11 21:34:56

I'd also luke to point out to the knuckledragging idiots who are placing so much emphasis on Amanda's actions post- murder;

Tracy Andrews - hysterical verging on deranged - guilty.

Ian Huntley - helping police, calm and collected - guilty.

I could go on. These are two examples of guilty parties acting in a prescribed way and where did they land up? In clinky. Body language has about as much science to it as the contents of my bin.

HedleyLamarr Thu 06-Oct-11 21:51:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

HedleyLamarr Thu 06-Oct-11 21:54:21

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Normally I have the patience of a saint, but YH is taking dullardry to a new level. Surely it's easy to separate fact from tabloid?

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:01:11

Apparently not. If one more person quotes AK's inadmissable statement as a pointer to her guilt, for murder or just for general evilness, then I think my head might explode.

BupcakesandCunting Thu 06-Oct-11 22:03:15

Let it go on record here: I am
in love with HedleyLamarr.

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:03:19

Hedley, much as I agree with you summation, I have to say i wouldn't be entirely surprrised if your comment was disappeared by MN by morning grin

BupcakesandCunting Thu 06-Oct-11 22:06:05

Fuck knuckles is one of my favourite insults ever.

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:10:16

The Yorkshire Ripper was interviewed multiple times and never stood out as guilty. His family and friends all thought of him as a nice helpful bloke.

BupcakesandCunting Thu 06-Oct-11 22:14:14

I would have suspected Sutcliffe immediately, on the strength of that beard.

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Thu 06-Oct-11 22:21:57

"Surely it's easy to separate fact from tabloid?"

Mmm... well, it's all written very emotively, isn't it, and the facts kind of get squished out. And once something inaccurate is printed it gets reprinted and recycled ad infinitum (Teresa May's cat, the BBC BC/AD thing, etc) and sort of becomes truth-by-default.

(I also find it's important to remember that half the population have less than average intelligence. I'm not going to speculate how many of them read the Daily Mail...)

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:23:50

Obviously the power of the computer would have changed THAT investigation but it does make you wonder how many lorry/taxi drivers and kebab shop owners would have been paraded over the front pages for looking dodgy during the course of it.

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:29:19

Can I just reiterate here that if anyone believes one single thing that is written in the DM, that they pre-emptively released a "guilty" news header, together with comments, descriptions and other things that could not possibly ever be true, as it didn't happen. That says to me a million things about the press and how much we can ever believe in what is printed. I find it extremely sad.

BupcakesandCunting Thu 06-Oct-11 22:42:12

Ahhhh but they did print a disclaimerthe next day saying that it was normal to write up a piece to cover two eventualities, and they had got quotes from the involved individuals in reaction to either outcome. hmm Course you did.

Portofino Thu 06-Oct-11 22:46:08

Yes - and they accurately "imagined" the reactions, seating positions and tears of all parties in advance.

HedleyLamarr Fri 07-Oct-11 09:20:45

Portofino I'm slightly surprised it's still there meself.

Bupcakes blush fuck knuckle's a great turn of phrase is it not? grin

BOBS When I had friends I used to have to shake my head at the shite they came out with. Weapons of mass destruction, Amanda Knox, Barack Obama not being American, I could go on. They read some crap in the Sun or the Daily Fascist Bastard and recount it as fact when it bears as much resemblance to the truth as I do to Brad Pitt. wink

BupcakesandCunting Fri 07-Oct-11 09:30:33

I do love a bit of fuck knuckles. However, I must clarify, I have used fuck knuckles on this very board in the past. So I'm not stealing your word if I use it again. wink

I've got a friend and he's hassling me at the minute, via Facebook, about 9/11 and his conspiracy theories. He wants to send me 5 DVDs about the theories and he is convinced that I will think the same as he does after I've watched them. I've not got the time, or inclination, to watch 5 conspiracy DVDs. But he will want to talk to me about them, won't he? Oh God.

HedleyLamarr Fri 07-Oct-11 12:13:35

You're doomed! grin These people refuse to believe the evidence and prefer to hang on to their version of events. Poor deluded fools.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now