getting runny cat poo out of carpet

(6 Posts)
ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 19-Oct-16 07:31:25

Sorry it's gross. My cat got trapped in one if my DCs rooms last night and has to do his business in there sad
It's seeped in to the carpet, how do I tackle it? I'm nervy about rubbing it in and making it worse.

ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 19-Oct-16 07:57:36

Anyone?

user1474907171 Wed 19-Oct-16 23:25:44

I use Simple Solution from Pets at Home or elsewhere online but you need to treat it before it stains so try white vinegar diluted with water and brush from the centre outwards towards the edges of the mark. If you brush randomly and heavily it will push the stain further into the pile.

You could try bio laundry detergent but if you do, or even with the Simple Solution test it first as it can take colour out as well. There are other enzyme based sprays that remove poo, vomit etc. but I have always used that one.

user1474907171 Wed 19-Oct-16 23:27:03

Forgot to say, blot it while wet before you start brushing, try to remove as much as possible first.

Shannoncan Thu 20-Oct-16 08:33:57

Mr muscle pro stain remover is your best best. This cleaner penetrates deep in to the surface and allow you to remove the stain without making it worse.

FrancisCrawford Thu 20-Oct-16 09:21:50

Scrape of all visible poo with paper towels and get of these immediately.

You shouldn't need to buy anything specific. It's getting rid of every trace of the poo that gets rid of the smell.

Bowl of warm soapy water (washing up liquid is fine), dish sponge and lots of towels. Use sponge to work soapy water into carpet. Get it nice and wet, then use towels to soak up all the water. Rinse with clear water, use more towels. repeat with soapy water if necessary. For final rinse, add little detail to water and leave this for at least ten minutes before sopping up the excess.

Standing on the towel helps get as much water out as possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now