Horrible bedroomy smell

(8 Posts)
Yayme Thu 15-Sep-16 09:24:09

What is it?

Is it sweaty stale bedding? I have washed all my sheets, the window is permanently open, I have hoovered my bed confused after watching Alice Beer's feature on bed bugs on This Morning, I don't have a hairy sweaty partner to blame and I can still smell it when I walk in the room.

Next is to take my duvet to the dry cleaners and buy new pillows.

What else do I need to do?

AnyTheWiser Thu 15-Sep-16 09:29:24

Do you have carpet? Try bicarb sprinkled on, left for a few hours, then vacuumed up shake n vac style.
Or hire a carpet cleaner for a day if you can.

Yayme Thu 15-Sep-16 09:46:09

I do have carpet so I can try that easily thanks.

Heirhelp Thu 15-Sep-16 20:15:29

Any damp patches? Do you have cat who may have hidden a 'gift' some where?

AnyTheWiser Thu 15-Sep-16 20:59:36

Also, any old coats (particularly fur coats!) in the wardrobes that might be getting fusty?
Are your wardrobes against external or internal wall?

elderberryflower Thu 15-Sep-16 21:05:49

Do you have protectors on the mattress and pillows? Is the bedding washed weekly and the duvet folded down each morning to air the bed? What's under the bed?

Yayme Fri 16-Sep-16 18:29:18

No damp, no cat, nothing under the bed, newish house.

However I don't wash my bedding weekly blush and I have a mattress topper but it's not washable.

zzzzz Fri 16-Sep-16 19:22:41

Wipe all the wood (ie doors, sills, windows, skirting boards and hard bits of bed) with those floor polish wipes. Then stick a tumble dryer sheet down the back of the radiator.

Bicarb the carpet and it will all be lovely for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now