how do you clean grout in tiled bathroom

(9 Posts)
Eidel Fri 02-Sep-16 23:52:08

As the title says how do you clean grout in tiled bathroom, i've noticed some horrible black grout on our bathroom tiles and i have no idea how to get rid of it?

Thanks

SignoraStronza Sat 03-Sep-16 00:00:29

Evil mould and mildew bleach spray..leave on, then scrub off. We've inherited a bathroom with pwrticularly bastardly mosaic type tiny tiles. Shower is particularly tricky. I tend to attack it in (in the nude) after a shower and rinse/scrub off in the evening.
When/if finances allow, new bathroom will have the most massive, small spaced tiles possible.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 03-Sep-16 00:03:35

Dettol Mould & Mildew or the HG equivalent.

outputgap Sat 03-Sep-16 00:06:59

How smelly is the dettol spray? We have a bathroom with no window and I generally can't stand those sort of strong cleaning fluids. Vinegar won't cut it, I guess?/

Amalfimamma Sat 03-Sep-16 00:08:40

Have a spray bottle with 50%distilled vinegar 50% water, spray it on the grout and leave it for about five minutes make a pasta with baking soda and warm water, dip an old toothbrush into it and scrub the grout, spray every so often with the vinegar, when clean rinse with water

Squeegle Sat 03-Sep-16 00:09:59

I usually use bleach and scrub with an old toothbrush then rinse

outputgap Sat 03-Sep-16 00:11:09

Cool. I'll do that first Amalfi.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sat 03-Sep-16 01:02:24

The Dettol is strongly bleach smelling. I spray it wildly, run away and open all the nearby Windows and leave it to work. Come back 30 mins later and rinse woth cold water and run away again.

howcomes Sat 03-Sep-16 03:01:18

Three parts baking soda to one part bleach mixed together into a paste and rub on with an old tooth brush. Leave for 5 - 10 mins and rinse off. It's magic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now