Can I put a dishwasher here?

(6 Posts)
DizzyDino Tue 31-May-16 08:35:44

I really really need a dishwasher and I gave no idea about plumbing .

My question is, do you need to place the dishwasher on an outside wall or can it go anywhere in the kitchen??

I have an under counter fridge and freezer that I don't really use so it could go there. Can you put the water pipes etc of the dishwasher through the adjacent cupboards to get to the outside drain?

hugoagogo Tue 31-May-16 08:38:09

My dishwasher has a pipe that goes behind the cupboard next to it and then joins on to the sink waste pipe. I am sure it's not a perfect set up, but it works!

DizzyDino Tue 31-May-16 08:45:28

Hugo that's fab!

You give me hope!! My pipe would have to go through the cupboard next to it and then a 90 degrees turn to get to the sink cupboard!

TellMeDani Thu 02-Jun-16 09:22:47

All my dishwashers so far have all been plumbed in on inside walls. They take the pipes underneath the cupboards so no need to drill through the sides of your cupboards.

DizzyDino Thu 02-Jun-16 10:08:02

Thanks tellme. I was thinking pipes would go through the cupboards. I was even looking at how much storage space I was going to lose!

trinity0097 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:09:37

There is a panel sticking out behind kitchen cupboards that creates a void that is the space of pipe work for just this type of situation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now