websites for 7 year olds to help with reading /maths?

(7 Posts)
kathleenjd Thu 21-Feb-13 14:26:00

Can anyone recommend any websites that a 7 year old girl might use (preferably same as school) as she is behind her class in reading and maths please. We don't want to put pressure on her but we are worried that she will be left behind as her friends seem to find it easier than she does. Thanks.

headinhands Thu 21-Feb-13 23:35:28

Hi Kathleen. BBC bitesize have some fun educational games. Is there any specific area of reading/maths that you want to target? Have you spoken to her teacher about your concerns?

Megandavids Fri 22-Feb-13 13:53:47

If your looking for a maths website I use 10ticks for my DD it easy to use and she really likes it also I have heard reading eggs for English is quite good as well

kathleenjd Sat 23-Feb-13 10:48:28

Thanks for replies will try those ideas!

lljkk Sat 23-Feb-13 11:04:54

Starfall, mathsisfun, mathsplayground, cbbc games.

mccandjt Mon 20-May-13 18:54:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CorrieDale Mon 20-May-13 19:06:32

I like arcademics for maths. Arcade style games against other people online. Squeebles is immensely popular with my 7 year old. It's not much use for problem solving but is great for mental arithmetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now