What paint colour to go with these tiles?

(9 Posts)
danceifyouwanttodance Thu 10-Nov-16 13:00:15

Need to up date our bathroom a bit, inherited the tiles below and can't afford to replace currently. We have white paint at the moment from when we moved in and it just looks stark and not very cosy, no idea what would go though, I suppose grey but might look a bit bachelor pad? And no idea which grey either. Also if anyone can recommend where to get good (not so expensive) lighting for the bathroom from too, that would be very helpful!

danceifyouwanttodance Thu 10-Nov-16 20:13:18

Anyone? smile

User1234567891011 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:55:55

Go with trying to match the red? Red paint makes rooms feel warm and cozy smile

Excusemyfrench Thu 10-Nov-16 20:57:16

I would go with white. Red is strong white will soften it and still let it pop.

danceifyouwanttodance Thu 10-Nov-16 21:30:04

Thank you! User, I did think that, but I know matching red is hard! I don't even like the red (not our choice!), so nervous of either going full on red, or making it pop with white. I think that's why I thought a different colour may soften it. Really appreciate your opinions though.

user1478837044 Fri 11-Nov-16 04:09:49

I think it is better to use light colors along with that shade. Using too bright colors will be weird, I guess.

DaisyFranceLynch Fri 11-Nov-16 05:08:39

I'd play it safe and match the white in the tiles - is it a stark white or a creamy off white? I don't think dark red is a relaxing bathroom colour - grey might be nice as part of a soft neutral scheme but wouldn't play down the tiles.

Maybe a few white towels/ accessories with either red or grey detailing/borders, to make it look a bit more intentional?

Qwebec Thu 17-Nov-16 03:00:08

Well, I think white would be too stark and more red too much. Grey seems to me the best color. I can't suggest a shade, but if you google white, grey burgundy room you get a few examples of lighter and darker greys that work.

OlennasWimple Thu 17-Nov-16 03:51:53

I don't know...I wouldn't start from here! grin

I think white is probably the only sensible option, I'm afraid. Some are less stark than others though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now