How to'dress' a Bay window?

(8 Posts)
ladybird69 Mon 06-Jun-16 23:38:53

At the moment I have few ornaments but they're too small they look stupid. It's a very deep cill bout 2 1/2 feet about 4ft high and 5 ft wide, 1980s Georgian look if that's any help. At Christmas it's great as I can fit tree and other decoration but the other 11 months it looks boring. Anyone have any ideas (I don't like plastic flowers) tia

wowfudge Mon 06-Jun-16 23:51:08

Earlier today I drove past a Georgian house that had a large table lamp on the window sill - it looked really welcoming. Or a large plant?

Other than that, I don't do stuff on windowsills.

ladybird69 Mon 06-Jun-16 23:55:52

It needs something and something big. It does look stupid empty. I don't put anything on normal sized window cills they'd only get knocked off by the cats! Lol

JT05 Fri 10-Jun-16 07:49:57

A friend has this type of window, she always has a large vase of flowers in the middle, although a large houseplant would be the same. Then at one side 3 decending in size, but still large pillar candles. Very effective.

whois Wed 15-Jun-16 18:55:19

Big house plant is a winner in bays for me

ladybird69 Thu 16-Jun-16 00:13:41

JT05 that sounds nice I like candles too. so I need huge vase of long life flowers and church candles descending in size. or yes even a large house plant in the middle.
lol the window so big was thinking maybe mannequins posed wink

Brightredpencil Wed 22-Jun-16 20:43:44

It sounds huge. I think I'd get big cushions, piles of books and a bit lantern and turn it into a reading seat.

ladybird69 Tue 12-Jul-16 00:27:37

It's huge but the window sill is waist height so couldn't be a reading seat, oh I do have an antique radio/ record player that I could've put in window and few old vinyls stacked by it! Hmmmmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now