Have blinds but it's still 2 bright & hate curtains

(7 Posts)
LabLady007 Tue 31-May-16 11:42:38

We moved into a new house last year and we have those small venetion blinds in every room (which I love) BUT it's not enough to keep out light at 6am in the bedrooms.
I'm loathed to get curtains.. At the moment it's all light and airy and curtains make a room feel smaller and they get dusty lol.

I though of a roller blind too but having both might be strange and would it even keep the light out anyway?

TheDuchyOfGrandFenwick Tue 31-May-16 12:02:31

You could try a black out roller blind...

LabLady007 Tue 31-May-16 12:06:21

It would have to sit in front of the venetion blind though, so I would have both? Can't imagine if that would be ok or too much

TheDuchyOfGrandFenwick Tue 31-May-16 12:19:52

Could you install a box valance? It would hide the roller blind when rolled up and when it's rolled down you won't see the venetian anyway.

Lottielo Mon 06-Jun-16 10:16:19

Use a blindfold at night.

LabLady007 Mon 06-Jun-16 12:11:41

Hubby wears one for now but I can't sleep with it on and the kids definitely won't :D

specialsubject Mon 06-Jun-16 18:54:13

Curtains don't get that dusty, certainly no more than blinds . your call, but curtains outside the window frame are the way to keep out light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now