Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Decor - doing the cashing colours / patterns look...???

(13 Posts)
staverton Sat 20-Jul-13 18:15:50

Partridge can you pm me too?

Selks Sat 20-Jul-13 15:55:48

grin

Partridge Sat 20-Jul-13 08:11:30

Oh good. I spend my life fantasising on Pinterest!

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 23:54:17

Partridge, your pinterest was very interesting, thanks. I've got a bit more idea of how to go about what I want now smile

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 22:17:03

Hi Partridge, yes please to pm-ing me your pinterest.

I googled josef frank fabrics - they're fab...colourful but fresh. Thanks for the idea

Partridge Fri 19-Jul-13 20:37:49

Well the fabric is a josef frank one by svenkst tenn - you can get it at liberty for a huge price (although I got a few metres of it from eBay a few years ago much cheaper and had a chair upholstered in it).

Cheaper scandi fabrics are available from Huss and hem and even ikea. Fwiw I think that the room you are describing could really take it. Sounds great. I also have hundreds of similar room ideas on Pinterest and can pm my profile if you like.

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 19:22:49

Duh; title should read 'clashing' colours...

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 19:17:18

hi staverton, yes would love to have a look at your pinterest thanks.

I've already ordered the rust, so it has to be part of it. It is throwing up some challenges, but I'm convinced it can be done with the right colour choices <optimist> but I need to find those colours! grin

staverton Fri 19-Jul-13 18:56:06

Not sure about rust with those colours to be honest

staverton Fri 19-Jul-13 18:51:01

Yes lovely pic! Have you been on pinterest. I can pm you my username have lots of similar looks.
Blackened isnicebur quite bluey IMO...

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 18:46:16

I am cringing at myself, but I do want a nice living room!

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 18:45:26

(Total middle class - first world dilemma of the highest order, I know......blush blush grin)

Selks Fri 19-Jul-13 18:43:48

Argh help...

I have an entire living room to furnish and decorate. Yes lucky me but I am drowning in choice and quandry.

So far I have oak solid flooring, walls will be 'blackened' by farrow and ball (v v pale grey), and I've got a sofa in charcoal, armchair in 'dove' (pale grey/brown) and footstool in rust.
So I need a rug, cushions, art work etc etc. I want a light and airy look but I don't want to go all 'matchy matchy' with rug etc....I want a bit more eclectic look and I know the trend is now for a bit of a clashy look with colour and pattern.....so how could I make that work with what I've got so far??

Any suggestions for rug colour or cushions etc?

I'm scared of making hideous (and expensive) mistakes but also of ending up with a plain and boring room....

This is sort of the effect I'm going for but don't want it to look too busy.

I'm a bit lost with all this. 'Matchy matchy' is FAR easier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now