New address cards ideas please

(13 Posts)
EccentricElastic Thu 09-May-13 16:57:28

You're very welcome Dilidali, and I hope your move goes well.smile

Dilidali Thu 09-May-13 13:51:12

That's very sweet of you Eccentric, thank you smile. I am not artistic at all, but a very good friend is, so your idea is a very welcomed one.

EccentricElastic Wed 08-May-13 20:56:08

I use moo.com for my business cards, and they do all kinds of other cards too. I like them because you can use your own images on them (I use pics of my own art work), so maybe you could do that...... a pic of the new house, or the family packing up, or the removal van fully loaded or something!

Dilidali Wed 08-May-13 20:46:12

Not to worry, I copied and pasted. They do have some nice stuff. X

PKTidy1 Wed 08-May-13 15:51:11

Oops forgot to make the link live!
www.the-pen-and-ink.co.uk

Dilidali Sat 20-Apr-13 07:04:34

Thank you gweeniebee smile

gwenniebee Tue 16-Apr-13 22:50:18

Honey Tree Publishing are lovely too.

Dilidali Tue 16-Apr-13 22:43:29

Thank you for your suggestions, they both look really good, that's what I was looking for! Thank you so much smile. X

PKTidy1 Tue 16-Apr-13 14:02:10

These people (The Pen & Ink Company) do change of address cards plus you can get your new house illustrated too www.the-pen-and-ink.co.uk

Sunnyshores Fri 12-Apr-13 21:13:29

Phoenix trading do reasonably priced packets of 10, several modern deisgns, I ordered some very plain traditional ones online from www.Lincraft.co.uk.

Dilidali Tue 09-Apr-13 20:22:35

You are right, doingitformyself, an email would be easier and probably a more sensible idea! I will admit I am more overwhelmed thanI have been in a very very long time. Having to move house just one of the 50 things I have to juggle with at the moment, I really seem to have had a very bad run of luck lately so can't really think that straight.

But I absolutely love the idea with the paint strip cards. My hobby is calligraphy and I think I could make a pretty decent job out of your idea. I will use it for our new house when we emigrate next year. With plenty of glasses of chilled white wine in the shadow somewhere. Thank you. Xxx

DoingItForMyself Tue 09-Apr-13 19:08:25

erm would an email not be easier?! With all the aggravation of moving I can't imagine why someone would want to spend time & money writing and posting cards (and I'm a card maker!)

If you're dead set on sending some I'm sure you can google it, or for a simple and easy handmade one, why not nab a load of paint chart strips from the DIY shop, use a shape punch from Hobbycraft to make a little house shaped hole in it and attach it to a blank card with a ribbon threaded through a hole at the top like a luggage tag. Scribble 'new home' in your bestest joined up and it will look like you spent a fortune on special handmade cards!

Dilidali Tue 09-Apr-13 18:46:36

Could I please have a hand? We are moving soon and I can't choose a new address card. Spent ages( when I should have been packing) looking for a nice, simple change of address card in shops. Then it dawned on me: order on internet. Never done that before, do you have any experience with this? Could you share yours if you have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now