3rd Year Abroad - in US

(5 Posts)
iamamug Mon 24-Feb-14 17:15:34

Hi - does anyone have any experience of having to 'prove' finance for a third year spent in the US. DS is getting extra info from Uni but just thought someone may have done this. He is expected to show that he has access to something like £10K excluding his student loan for fees.
We can do it but it's bits of money all over the place and copy statements have to be 'notarised' apparently. It's going to be a real faff. Any thoughts?

webwiz Mon 24-Feb-14 17:55:18

We provided bank statements but they weren't notarised.

I think there was information on the US university website that covered the proof of necessary funds for overseas students.

Lilymaid Mon 24-Feb-14 19:00:11

DS did an international year at a US university last academic year. I vaguely recall providing some evidence of funds but no requirement that these be notarised. I think I provided the info to his UK university's international office rather than the US university.

iamamug Mon 24-Feb-14 22:09:36

Thanks both, I will do a bit more research .

MeMySonAndI Mon 24-Feb-14 22:18:55

Most universities have people who have a notary license, they just need to see the originals and they will stamp the copies for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now