Note: This topic is for discussing highchairs. If you want to buy or sell highchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help please with antilop harness!!

(5 Posts)
Wildwaterfalls Wed 13-Feb-13 15:00:20

Hi all smile

Very pleased with our IKEA antilop high chair, but decided to buy an additional harness for safety.

It's a standard Mothercare one but I am clearly a bit stupid sleep-deprived as I just cannot work out how to attach it to the chair. Aargh!

Has anyone done this?

Thank you!

BadRoly Wed 13-Feb-13 15:02:56

I used reins - they used to come with either the long reign attachment or two little bits. I made the antilop strap as tight as it would go then threaded the reigns attachment bits onto the strap. Does that make any sense?

Wildwaterfalls Wed 13-Feb-13 15:14:30

Thanks BR that was really quick.

I am really being exceptionally slow today - can I ask a follow-up question?

This harness has reins too so have now attached the actual longer reins. I have shortened the antilop straps so they can just be clipped closed, but no room for baby iyswim. Now how do I attach one to the other? How did you do the threading?

Thank you again!!smile

BadRoly Wed 13-Feb-13 16:40:41

Back again, school runs and stuff, sorry.

I confused myself ^^^. Good that antilop strap is tight but you might have to take it back off again confused

So reins set comes with harness, long rein and 2 little rein thingys wink.

Ditch the long rein (well obviously don't but you don't need it got this wink)

Two little thingies I had had loops at the end. I just threaded these onto the antilop strap. Then adjusted the clippy in bit to the right length and clipped the harness bit on.

Is that any better? I would send you a picture but my youngest is approaching 4 and the high chair is long gone! However, the poorly described explanation worked for all 4 dc over a period of probably 10 years!!

Wildwaterfalls Wed 13-Feb-13 17:16:27

Thank you so much!!

I had missed the loopy bits on the short thingies smile.

It now works beautifully! Have even inserted DD who looks very content (and secure!).

Great explanation - apologies for being so slow to get it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now