Proof of ID when applying for a job?

(3 Posts)
needaholidaynow Sat 07-Sep-13 16:49:22

Just been applying for jobs that are closer to home as I have to commute 2 hours a day and getting a bit fed up of it!

I just have a bit of a problem with my photographic ID. My passport is out of date and I don't hold a driving licence.

Passports are pretty expensive to renew, so I was wondering if there is anything I could use? Would they accept my passport even if it is out of date? Or is there anything I could use? Is a birth certificate not sufficient on its own?

It's really depressing because I want a new job and I can't even apply one as I can't even prove I can work! sad

needaholidaynow Sat 07-Sep-13 17:10:15

I've actually just checked on the Govt's website and it says that UK Passports can be accepted even if they're out of date! smile Problem solved.

MrsGSR Sat 07-Sep-13 23:58:24

My sister just got a job at a big chain of restaurants, she needed her full birth certificate for some reason, as well as her passport. Might be worth taking just incase!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now