Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Frequent hangover feeling - without getting drunk!

(30 Posts)
Parmageddon Fri 17-Jul-09 20:30:43

I've been feeling generally rubbish for over a month now - tired easily, headaches, nausea, slightly upset tummy and what can only be described as a hangover feeling which is either there all day or comes on about lunchtime and doesn't really shift for the rest of the day! I'm not drinking hardly any alcohol at all hmm. I seem to need to drink lots of sugary drinks or eat to feel any better.

Went to GP who wanted to do a fasting blood test which showed everything normal except elevated liver enzymes (AST). Anyone had anything similar?

Parmageddon Sat 18-Jul-09 22:46:10

Imaynotbeperfect - my Mum, Dad and brother have all had gallstones! I'm just waiting for my turn. Now maybe this is the culprit. Yes I'm a bit overweight - a good stone anyway.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Sun 19-Jul-09 10:00:24

may well indeed - get it checked out, mine festered for ages and i just felt "rough", like you say, hung over or like you are sickening for something. You often get raised liver enzymes when you have gallstones because of localised inflammation in the liver. Saying that, you can get raised liver enzymes if you have been taking paracetemol or have been drinking recently. I would definately mention the family link re the gallstones - do you suffer from indigestion very much?

sid8 Thu 09-May-13 12:27:34

There are many ways tocure hangover but the best one is to have excess amount of water because the problems you experience the next day is the result of dehydration. Alcohol makes the kidneys release extra fluid. It is highly recommended to drink enough water before and after consuming alcohol.

Footle Thu 09-May-13 18:22:34

But the OP isn't talking about a hangover, so this isn't a very helpful reply.

MalcolmTuckersMum Fri 28-Jun-13 17:42:32

Zombie thread - Sid8 is going round bumping very old threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now