Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Are these bed bugs? :(

(7 Posts)
phoria Wed 16-Nov-16 01:36:10

Currently on holiday at gorgeous 5 star resort. Went on a nature walk the other day. Came back covered in bites. The only things is apart from the usual mosquito bites, there's a cluster of bites on my shoulder and a few near my groin area. The fact they're in a group makes me worried they're bed bugs. I've checked the mattress - it looks brand new. Can't see any evidence of bed bugs. What should I be looking for? Anyone with experience of beg bug bites. I saw a few people online complaining about sand flies here. Could it be that instead?

MooseBeTimeForSnow Wed 16-Nov-16 02:15:37

I believe they bite in a straight line. Any black specks on the bedding or mattress edge?

They're easily transported. That's why there are those fold out luggage racks in rooms - to keep your case off the floor, as they live in the gap between skirting and wall.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Wed 16-Nov-16 02:19:45

If it were bed bugs, you would surely discover the bites in the morning?

What country are you in?

phoria Wed 16-Nov-16 05:39:38

In Malaysia. It's like a cluster of 2 lines. It's hard to tell because I only noticed after I went on this hike through the jungle which would point to it not being bed bugs apart from the fact that they're in lines which suggests BB!

There's a mattress protector and in the seams there some brown dots but it looks more like dirt to me.

EnoughAlready43 Wed 16-Nov-16 06:08:45

Yes its bedbugs.

Rosa Wed 16-Nov-16 06:13:25

Geta reel of selotape from reception and catch them go to reception get manager and go for it.

phoria Wed 16-Nov-16 09:22:19

Update: they just sent round 2 people to inspect the bed including someone from pest control. They couldn't find anything either. PC guy looked at my bites and said they were from sand flies so I can only pray they really are from those and not BBs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now