Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else struggling with Crohns or Colitis?

(4 Posts)
Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Sun 02-Oct-16 15:59:30

I have UC diagnosed about 16 years ago. I also have 4dc and a career.

I am currently off work due to a flare up and would love to swap ideas on how to cope.

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Oct-16 16:05:23

I have crohns and work full time as a teacher. I have a colostomy bag and currently have a stomal tumour. What would you like to know?

Ineverpromisedyouarosegarden Sun 02-Oct-16 17:09:43

Hi Wannabe, U suppose this is a misery loves company kind of thread. I am not having a good day. Didn't manage to get dressed until 3pm. Had to have a lie down after I got showered. Dh is now doing dinner but I just hate the lack of energy I have and the impact that has on the structure and running of the house.

I hope things are going better for you.

wannabestressfree Sun 02-Oct-16 17:19:38

I have had a lazy day today. I honestly think you need it though to recharge your batteries. I was diagnosed at 19 and am now (cough) 38. It took me years to recognise I couldn't drink or burn the candle at both ends. And I did. And spend loads of time in hospital and had numerous bowel resections.
Now I rest and I have a very supportive partner. I have three boys two with asd and I am less 'I can do this by myself' and except help when offered.
I do have bad days and am seen at st marks as my crohns is so up and down. Three hours away from my house. I do think it's a state of mind though.... you just have to get through. Sending hugs though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now